Commando 15.1c DM500S/C release

Here is an update of where I am at.I have tried several different sets of parameters in to fast scan without any sucess. So I then tried a bruteforce. This did not find any channels at all so I thought that the tuner must had gone. To test this out I loaded my old UK05 image and did a brute force scan (before i could scan I had to findout what the pin number was!!). This did pick up a few HD channel. I then tried to reload commando but UK05 does not support network loads. I then ordered a usb to serial adapter but the adapter and its replacement would not work with Dreamup. Ordered a pci serial card and have just put Commando back on. I am currently looking at using the cable.xml file that I used in the UK05 scan to see if I can pick up the same channels,
with commando. So far I have not found where the cable.xml file is in commando.

I have tried several bruteforce scans using different cables.xml files in var/etc without finding anything.
Each scan takes about 20 minutes and searches around 312 transponders.
At the end of each scan, as well as the "No valid bouquets found message",
the headings Provider, Channel TV, radio, Data and total are all blank.
I know that the cable feed and tuner are good and that these cable.xml files do find channels when I swap images to an old UK05 image.
I am in an 6887 area. I do not understand why a bruteforce with symbol_rate entries in for my area fails to find any channels?
I have also failed to find any channels via fast scan using the various netid and frequencies suggested before.

this is my Birmingham backup with mgnamd and ccam add to temp and do a manaul update change your settings to your area just in case your image is the problem

Attachments

• Commando_15_dm500_birmingham.rar
    4.9 MB · Views: 10
cables.xml lives in /var/tuxbox/config in C15.1c DM500C m8! The last 25 Nov 2015 release should be kosher in that respect. What might be more flaky is the old SML shell menu, though...

Try this proposed new one from deejay, which he's based on our old dBox2 menu model, using just the actual VM cable headend names. So if you're located deep inside London, you won't find London listed. You're supposed to know that you have to select "Seven Sisters" (which is out in ILFORD somewhere, FCS!)

Just knock off the .txt extension and overwrite the existing SML file of the same name AFTER you've saved the older file back to your PC, just in case you wish to revert afterwards. Belts 'n Braces, LOL!

Cheers- TC :)

Sorry, Admin- but I've just spent 3/4 of an hour trying to attach a silly 6kb text file in this post, with no sucsess... The attachment window on FireFox contains buttons that need to be pressed, but are out of scope, ie, no scroll bars. DWZ has the most difficult upload manager I've ever come across... Got there in the end, happily, but Jesus H Christ on a bike! WHY are attachments SO painstaking on here, please?

Attachments

• cable_sml_menu.conf.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 4
Many thanks for posting your image. In brief I have loaded it snl and tried it out. Both bruteforce and fast scan failed to find any channels. I can confirm that the sml menu gives stafford as 00015,826250,6887. Has anyone done a succesful for a 6887 sym rate?

Try this proposed new one from deejay, which he's based on our old dBox2 menu model, using just the actual VM cable headend names. So if you're located deep inside London, you won't find London listed. You're supposed to know that you have to select "Seven Sisters" (which is out in ILFORD somewhere, FCS!)

Cheers- TC :)

Many thanks for the new file. It did not contain an entry for stafford so I used Lichfield and bingo it know started to find channels . Thanks again for your help

No m8, thank deejay, as he's the guy that seems to be keeping cable SML running, LOL!

Me myself personally, for both UK Cable AND Satellite, I think it would be SO much easier if SML was done on the first part of your Postcode... But there again, does everyone know the first half of their post code, let alone where they live?

Cheers- AL :)

No m8, thank deejay, as he's the guy that seems to be keeping cable SML running, LOL!

Me myself personally, for both UK Cable AND Satellite, I think it would be SO much easier if SML was done on the first part of your Postcode... But there again, does everyone know the first half of their post code, let alone where they live?

Cheers- AL :)

Well then my thanks to deejay for the work that he has done with sml and the new file that fixed my problem. I still would be interested to know why bruteforce did not pick up any channels in my case.

anyone know where i can get picons for this image. and where to transfer them too

any body know when commando 15.1d will be released
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
C15 picons live in /var/etc/icons and there are roughly 420 of them in total, made up of approx 375 'solid' 2k files, plus a further 45 'symlinks' covering all the regional BBC and ITV channel names with one basic 'solid' each.

It's been about 3 months now since TC released C15.1c and since then, certain picons will no longer work. For example, "Watch" is now "W" and "CI" is now "Crime+Inv". If you notice picons for premium channels are now replaced by the default neutrino penguin icon, just FTP in and rename the picon to its new channel name, job done!

There are tutes floating around that let you create your own 100x60px 16 color logos using PSP7 and RawIconEditor for Neutrino SD (N1), which is great fun to get into and far more creative than sitting there watching the drivel served up on telly!

But be warned, it can be pixel-level editing stuff that will make your eyes bleed... Ask yourself, with c420 channels covered by picons in C15, do you really want picons for the other 400 crap channels that you never watch?

C15.1d is being built tomorrow, Thursday 3rd March, with the latest set of picons, and dozens of other enhancements, tweaks and mods. Faster, more stable, and more idiot-proof. It will be released on the mother board on Sat 5th March 2016. So expect Abu Baniaz to post it here on DWZ for the dwindling numbers of DM500 satellite and cable box users this coming weekend!

All the best- AL @ TC :)

sound as a pound thats a awsome answer , been very very helpful...ii see what u mean havin goads of icons for channels i never watch. at least ive a great info and might tinker with it a bit
have a good day

Back