Commando 15.1c DM500S/C release

PaphosAL

Veteran flasher
Reaction score
Oasis- Surrounded by bandits and noisy brats
25th November 2015 build, and bang up to date on services and bouquets!

A month to the day since TC last released the updated 15.1b version. What's changed in this version? Two main things, plus shedloads of minor stuff...

We got rumblings that if you ran AutoBouquets on most "ITV" based channels, then ABs would bomb out with a "No data found" message after a 2 minute time-out.

In this situation, Humforce alerted us to the fact that we weren't handing the R/C back to you, requiring a power cycle coz the R/C was dead, and you had no way of knowing that you just needed to press RED then MENU buttons to unlock it, doh... So this little bug is now corrected.

Moreover, LraiZer has kindly found the source of this ITV glitch (which is 100% down to Sly and/or ITV, for not adhering to ISO DVB standards). He has helped TC to compile a new version of his brilliant autobouquetsreader binary, which sails past the ITV test! Do try ABs on your DM500S box in Fast Mode, please, where it completes in under 30 seconds!

SML first on UK Cable AND Sat please, before you start playing, remember! Then ABs, and THEN play in Bouquet Editor, yes?

Have fun- TC :)

Attachments

• Commando_15.1c_dm500CorS_20151125.rar
    4.9 MB · Views: 40
Nice work, will try over weekend., just 1 question on info bar where the frequency of the channel is displayed when zapping between channels, the H and V have been reversed, is this fixed in this update?
Same result if by pressing red then blue while in normal viewing..

Totally new issue for TC that you're reporting here, after 3 years or more of Commando tool bar...

Are you 100% absolutely sure on this? Why has nobody reported this before, I wonder? This data (thanks to LraiZer) comes straight out of the 28.2E stream.

What makes you think that H and V are reversed, please?

Cheers- AL :questionmark:

Oops! It's the RED > BLUE Stream Info screen that shows the transponder polarity arse about face, apologies, m8...

We've noted this cosmetic defect and will correct it for the next release. Thanks for the alert! AL :)

I had to double check myself there, I thought I was losing it haha, just for info its always been that way, or at least since I've been " going commando " ;)
oh and also the info bar is correct, I was wrong on that one ..

Commando image/ developers /guru's. Thanks for ur time and knowledge to bring the dm500 back to life! Xx I

I am looking for a bit of help please.
I flashed my dm500C with commando 15.1c image and then did a cable scan, brute force, UK cable which took around 20 minutes to complete.
when I rebooted I got the error "no valid bouquets found! please press ok to see if the valid system can restore itself and provide help. if not, check your scan setup."
what have I done wrong when scanning? thanks

Looks like you missed an initial, but VITAL step after reflashing and before running AutoBouquets VM? Which is to tell vermin where you're located in the SetMyLocation Menu: BLUE > BLUE > RED

At the suggestion of Abu Baniaz, TC have set a benign trap for this dm500c scenario in the upcoming C15.1d release this week (hopefully 2nd Feb build, so should be available not long after)

A fresh install of C15.1d on DM500C will now test if SML has been run (or not) BEFORE allowing you into AutoBouquets VM... If you then select the WRONG area, then we're not exactly sure what will happen next at this stage. Probably the same advice as I'm about to give you now for your C15.1c cable issue:

Reflash with original release image
SML
AutoBouquets VM

Just use your noddle when setting your location, else it will get rather tiresome...

Cheers- AL :)

Of course there is, Abu! SML is not cast in stone forever when you use it in C15 cable or sat. It just remembers your current location setting for the next run of ABs.

For example, I frequently fool my DM500S testbox into believing it now lives in RoI, just to cross-check all is still working fine. Problem is, cable doesn't have this same flexibility that you get with SML on Sat. It either works, if FastScan SML settings are correct, or nose-dives...

So the best bet if you're sending a cable variant of C15 to a different location is to tell the recipient to run SML after flashing! This will overwrite the existing scan.conf settings in the image you sent

I was asking how to unset the fla g that SML has been done. This is so that the goop work you have done for SML check is not wasted.

Or, if you're really smart (as I think you are) and KNOW the recipient's NetID, Freq, Sym 100% for sure, then just edit scan.conf with those values. Then save image and txfr to PC for sharing at its destination. When he can go straight into ABs VM after reflashing.

Afterwards, I suspect that if you now do an orderly menu reboot on your dm500c, you'll probably see your original SML settings reappear in scan.conf, as if by magic!

;)

Thank you for your prompt reply. I had setmylocation manually before the scan to (Stafford) 00015,826250,6887. If I use the sml menu, the nearest location to me is Wolverhampton (40973, 131000, 6952). Which one should I use? You mentioned above AutoBouquets VM is that the same as "scan"? If it is the same, under scan should I select fast scan or bruteforce. As you can tell my knowledge is rusty as it is nearly 10 years since I last flashed this box!!

OIC- in that case, Abu, when C15.1d is officially released on the mothership and here ét ál, you would just Telnet in and issue this command

touch /var/etc/.sml-cab

and that would re-introduce the ABs VM blocker to the DM500C image that you're saving and sending on to a different area, in order to force SML on them. Please don't ask for a gui menu item for this, else you'll get a slap, LOL!

This upgrade (that you asked for and got) is in the latest C15.1d DM500C beta test image that TC have entrusted you personally to work on and feedback with. It would be a tradegy if that image (still on boot logo C15.1c 25 Nov 2015) was to find its way out to unkown third party strangers before TC release the final version we've been working on for the past three months, on a daily basis, for free...

Cheers- AL :Cheers:

Thank you for your prompt reply. I had setmylocation manually before the scan to (Stafford) 00015,826250,6887. If I use the sml menu, the nearest location to me is Wolverhampton (40973, 131000, 6952). Which one should I use? You mentioned above AutoBouquets VM is that the same as "scan"? If it is the same, under scan should I select fast scan or bruteforce. As you can tell my knowledge is rusty as it is nearly 10 years since I last flashed this box!!

According to deejay's latest cable findings, there are now three possibilitiies for your area. These won't all be currently selectable in your SML menu, sorry. But read the menu carefully, and it will tell you that you can manually input your SML details into the Fastscan item in Menu > Services > Green > FastScan

Your Frequency and SymRate both look good @ 595000 6952

But try his three alternative NetIDs in turn, to see which one clicks: 40973 40974 40975

According to deejay's latest cable findings, there are now three possibilitiies for your area. These won't all be currently selectable in your SML menu, sorry. But read the menu carefully, and it will tell you that you can manually input your SML details into the Fastscan item in Menu > Services > Green > FastScan

Your Frequency and SymRate both look good @ 595000 6952

But try his three alternative NetIDs in turn, to see which one clicks: 40973 40974 40975

Thanks, will try them out (when the tele is free!!)

Thanks, will try them out (when the tele is free!!)
After 6 days of holding our breath waiting for your test results, we are none the wiser for possible SML updates...

And this has really been the problem with cable SML for the last 10 years, FFS! Peeps grab the info, it works, and that's the last you ever hear from them... Snatching free personal tv was the only concern, rather than sharing info for the benefit of other cable members?

Grrrr...

Cheers- AL :confused:

This thread made me go dig out my old 500c out of the garage. All flashed and scanned, nice to get back to having a play. Have all the fta's, i will have to do some more reading if i am going to progress.

Seems very fast to how i remember it. Nice work.

After 6 days of holding our breath waiting for your test results, we are none the wiser for possible SML updates...

And this has really been the problem with cable SML for the last 10 years, FFS! Peeps grab the info, it works, and that's the last you ever hear from them... Snatching free personal tv was the only concern, rather than sharing info for the benefit of other cable members?

Grrrr...

Cheers- AL :confused:

Here is an update of where I am at.I have tried several different sets of parameters in to fast scan without any sucess. So I then tried a bruteforce. This did not find any channels at all so I thought that the tuner must had gone. To test this out I loaded my old UK05 image and did a brute force scan (before i could scan I had to findout what the pin number was!!). This did pick up a few HD channel. I then tried to reload commando but UK05 does not support network loads. I then ordered a usb to serial adapter but the adapter and its replacement would not work with Dreamup. Ordered a pci serial card and have just put Commando back on. I am currently looking at using the cable.xml file that I used in the UK05 scan to see if I can pick up the same channels,
with commando. So far I have not found where the cable.xml file is in commando.

Back