Combi boiler dead

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Gees, not good that 60 deg max, I suppose their a decent boiler for a smaller property but for me it's def gonna have to go

avid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gees, not good that 60 deg max, I suppose their a decent boiler for a smaller property but for me it's def gonna have to go
Mine is an eight year old Worcester Bosch and that only goes to DHW 60 degrees. I think a lot of the new boilers only go to that now. It’s probably down to environmental and green energy saving stipulation trumped up by the EU…

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've done a bit of digging regarding the pre heat option and extra cost.
Apparently some of the newer combo's have a pre heat timer rather than having it on 24/7.
One guy measured the gad usage with pre heat on for 24 hours and off. It worked out at £50 extra for the year but balance that against the water wastage waiting for hot water to come through I can't see it been a massive wastage.

Anyone got any suggestions on a combi with pre heat either with/out a timer for a 3 bed property?. I had a Vaillant but tbh it was good when it worked but it conked out quite a few times till it completely died.

The top range Baxi any good ?

TEST