Colours gone weird ?

meangreenie

Inactive User
Reaction score
As title states the colours have gone wrong on both screens on my sons DS-phat.

He spilt juice all over it and tried to switch it on. When he came to show me I think the damage was already done and it was switching straight off on attempt to power on. I took it apart and dried it all out and put it back together and pleasingly it actually worked, but both screens have weird colours and the bottom screen also looks like it has artifacts too.

Anyone have any ideas about fixing it ? or whats wrong.

As title states the colours have gone wrong on both screens on my sons DS-phat.

He spilt juice all over it and tried to switch it on. When he came to show me I think the damage was already done and it was switching straight off on attempt to power on. I took it apart and dried it all out and put it back together and pleasingly it actually worked, but both screens have weird colours and the bottom screen also looks like it has artifacts too.

Anyone have any ideas about fixing it ? or whats wrong.

Did you remove the screen ribbon from the connector? If so, it sounds like you haven't reconnected it properly. You need to make sure it is fully in before closing the black catch.

Thanks for the reply.

I think the connector is in properly, but i will re-check again.

But just looked at it today and the bottom screen has now retuned to normal, maybe with a bit of time the top screen will too.

anyway i'm gonna buy a spare ds-phat from ebay, maybe even a broken one with screen damage so I can nab the motherboard.

Hi
Thought it was odd the bottom screen with prob
I have come accross the twice before
both times the top screen had a brown tint to it
Sorry to say only fix i found was a bodge job
Dont laugh too much
if ribbon is in ok then appling pressure to the blak clip sorted it
So a swan filter tip was taped on the connection
Tested and reassemled theyve been fine for the last 3 month the other more
but in your case i would say clean the ribbon cable contacts with alcohol
But be sure its the right type!

Yes that could well be it, juice (i think thats what got spilled on it as it seemed sticky) could of got at the contacts on the ribbon cable.

I will leave it for a while longer to see if the top screen clears like the bottom did, and then i'll wash the board and ribbon connectors with some of that isoprpyl alcohol. (?I think thats safe?)

Though I think it could be the board/chips have been damaged as i can sometimes see a faint image of the bottom screen on the top one as well as it having a pinkinsh over-hue and weird colours...shrugs

But luckily enough the games run fine and my son doesn't seem to care the colours are weird, so it's not a rush to fix it.

but in your case i would say clean the ribbon cable contacts with alcohol
But be sure its the right type!

yep

ensure you fill yourself up with carling first, then you know everything will go to plan lol

good luck m8

hehehe, i'm t-total, honest

anyway cleaning the contacts did the trick, thanks

hehehe, i'm t-total, honest

anyway cleaning the contacts did the trick, thanks

Me again
Glad to be of service :Clap:
Another saticfied customer lol

yep

ensure you fill yourself up with carling first, then you know everything will go to plan lol

good luck m8

Why would you want to drink that?
All it does is make you bloatted
Get a proper drink like vodka
Then you could have used it to clean the contacts
As your polishing off the rest with coke
Then try putting the ds back together
(odd i see 14 screws to take the back off but the guide says theres 7 hic!!)

Back