collecting an IP address

pinkhelmets

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well I need a favour guys, or someone to come up with a better idea than me :).

Someone i know is using a anonomous email addy- yahoo and they complete the mail online. So there isnt an IP adress for me to trace back to. However, they are dumb so my idea was to have a blank page on a website that logs visitors.... then i can send a mail with a link pasted in it. The dumb person then clicks the link and the blank webpage will log the IP address for me :Boo:

Now thats where i need help. Anyone have any kind of website that they could set a blank page on for a day and make a log of the IP address? It will only be the 1 visitor because thats the only person who will have the link.... the page could even say- the page you have requested has been removed ..or does not exist etc.

Alternatively anyone have another idea on how i can gain the IP address? I just need to prove the IP address is local to my area and I will know who it is.

Thanks ppl.

thanks m8, i got 1 shot at it really so i'll plan it well over the next 1 minute lol, nah i'll spend some time now making everything right. Thanks for the help :).

no worries man take your time i`ll leave that page up a while
just tell him theres some cool new movie downloads there or something cos when he tries to view it will say he is not authorised to view this directory lol

@F E A R, that plan worked a treat m8, hook line and sinker lol. Now i have proof time to go kick some ar5e ;).
Thanks very much for your help.

Back