Coin meter hacking.

hatchet

Banned
Reaction score
Hello everyone

1st of all, Sorry if i've posted this in the wrong section.

Got talking to a mate today who tells me he has a coin meter for his Tv. I remember years ago ripping one apart and using the same pound coin :D

Anyways, he told me the model number ect and ive had a little look on the internet, without much success on how to hack them.

Here is the particular meter in question

INTERNATIONAL CNC MACHINES LTD

And heres a .pdf of the specs.

http://www.internationalcnc.co.uk/Coin Specs.pdf

Now, i'm sure these can be hacked in some sort of way.

The one he has is used with a pda machine, will this be a generic pda machine or a specific one to that company?

All i want to do is bump up the hours he can use his tv for...

Can anyone shed some light at all?

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone

1st of all, Sorry if i've posted this in the wrong section.

Got talking to a mate today who tells me he has a coin meter for his Tv. I remember years ago ripping one apart and using the same pound coin :D

Anyways, he told me the model number ect and ive had a little look on the internet, without much success on how to hack them.

Here is the particular meter in question

INTERNATIONAL CNC MACHINES LTD

And heres a .pdf of the specs.

http://www.internationalcnc.co.uk/Coin Specs.pdf

Now, i'm sure these can be hacked in some sort of way.

The one he has is used with a pda machine, will this be a generic pda machine or a specific one to that company?

All i want to do is bump up the hours he can use his tv for...

Can anyone shed some light at all?

Thanks in advance.
hahahahaha this hacking is taking shape tv coin meters look tell yer mate tvs are cheap now no point in renting a tv my brother had a rent tv like this and i found the hack we cut the full box off the tv and fitted a new lead job done what a hack hahahaha i was suprized the hack only needed a 3 foot lenth of wire and a three pin plug way to go man lol

is it really worth doing? because at somepoint someone is going to come out and either inspect it to empty it or take it way where im sure the 'mod' would be discovered, could get your friend in a lot of trouble?

as said above, tv's are dirt cheap, you can get a half decent widescreen crt off ebay or local charity shops for under 50 quid easy sometimes under 30.

Cheers for the reply guys, obviously he could cut the wire and fit a new one but was looking at maybe a software hack.

hahahahaha this hacking is taking shape tv coin meters look tell yer mate tvs are cheap now no point in renting a tv my brother had a rent tv like this and i found the hack we cut the full box off the tv and fitted a new lead job done what a hack hahahaha i was suprized the hack only needed a 3 foot lenth of wire and a three pin plug way to go man lol

No need for any if this.. All tvs come with a sealed plug.. Break the silver bike lock remove the cover and the fitted plug will be underneath.. No cutting or buying new plugs needed.

A hack is pointless as someone comes out.. And collects the amount of money needed to cover the rent.. If it isn't there you will have to pull your wallet out.

TV Renting?! I thought that sort of thing died off in the late 80's.. :proud:

It wont be TV renting as such lol

Its called pay as you view basically they give you a TV worth £400 and charge you £750 the pay as view scheme works like this when the pound coin box is full on the back it holds around £100 so when its full and cant take no more coins you phone the bloke and he comes and empties it,

then you only owe £650 then maybe 4 month later when its full again he will come and empty it and you owe £550 you do this until you've paid the £750 then its your own TV they remove security and pay box so its yours.

YOU GET TO OWN IT AFTER PAYING DOUBLE AND HAVING MONTHS OF STRESS LMFAO.

Why has your mate fell for this scam Its not the ark ages. If the bloke comes to empty the box and its empty he will know somethings wrong and he will just take it back.

yabba dabba doo why didn't your pal Fred just ask Barny are Wilma for TV for Christmas. :proud:

Last edited:
Back