code from eeprom

deadlyadaz

New Member ++
Reaction score
hey everyone. not sure if this is the right section but it's the closest I could find. I've got a kenwood dnx7240bt in my Mitsubishi and after the battery dying it's locked itself I I can't remember the code I set. I've tried all easy options but the only way is to get it from the eeprom. I've managed to read it as I had a ch341a programmer but now I don't know how to get the code from it. any help would be greatly appreciated.
cheers

deadlyadaz

can you recommend a good free upload site and ill pop it straight on there, cheers

the chip on my board is a atmel 25df321 am i reading the wrong chip, i can see a TPC8020-H if that could be the right one

it seems i dumped the bios, ive found another chip on the under side which is a fm24c64-g ive tried a read with ch431a programmer software but it just returns 00 in every field, not sure what softwarewould be best for that chip, thanks for the help so far

it seems i dumped the bios, ive found another chip on the under side which is a fm24c64-g ive tried a read with ch431a programmer software but it just returns 00 in every field, not sure what softwarewould be best for that chip, thanks for the help so far
I'm not into reading chips so can't advise on software but I can give code from dump file
chip is IC800 FM24C64 and dump file does have a lo of 00 00 in it

i think i may have a problem with my eeprom clip, going to do a re solder now and see how it goes, will message as soon as im done, cheers

I seen a report that the connection diagram is wrong on this cheapo for the 24xx series chip. The pin 1 connection needs to be closest to the eeprom locking bar. Normally FFF's are displayed when the chip isn't reading though or on new chips to show them as blank, zeroes on the other hand are normally programmed.

Not just that the program is expecting a .hex file is it?

I think the first dump was the bios. I have a 25xx chip which was the first dump and on the reverse of the board the was a 24c64 chip which I'm hoping is my eeprom file and is the second upload link. my program only creates .bin files but they open up fine in hex editor

if you look at the Eeprom chip @deadlyadaz the small round circul on the chip is pin 1 m8

Attachments

• 21189f.pdf
    588.3 KB · Views: 2
ok dudes I'm slightly confused. I'm using a eeprom clip. is it this clip that needs rewiring? Just seems to read something from both chips. also if it helps this unit has a user set code rather than a set code system. some difference in how the code is stored I assume. I've read that this units code can only be recovered from eeprom but not sure what to try next. cheers again everyone

Back