Coca- cola, new ad

daveleebond

Inactive User
Reaction score
it's funny how they show all the old bottles at say it is all natural, they forget to say it used to be laced with cocaine!

which is natual, i suppose.

Last edited:
Is that a rant? :) :)

Yeh probably! The rant room should be for rants, not interesting conversational topics like this, which would be better in general chat. I'm begining to wonder if some members really understand what 'rant' means! :mad:

em................is that ranty enough? :)

Last edited:
nara, the reason it's a rant cause the advert portrays the brand as always being good and pure, but used to be laced with class A's.

they seem to always forget this!

how do you think they got their name

nara, the reason it's a rant cause the advert portrays the brand as always being good and pure, but used to be laced with class A's.

There were no such things then. Anyone could buy cocaine or heroin over ths counter in this country up until 1916.

In London in 1916, Harrods were selling a kit described as "A Welcome Present for Friends at the Front" containing cocaine, morphine, syringes and needles.

There was nothing underhand or illegal about the cocaine content of coca-cola (60mg a bottle until 1903).

I could understand you gettin upset and having a rant if it still contained cocaine, but historically it's irrelevant.

lol, hands up anyone who was actually around/alive when Coka Cola used to have cocaine in it??? :)

Cold drinks always taste better from a nice chilled glass made out of glass :)

Over a hundred years ago??? Doesn't mean they can't say that now.

Ok nara, get your point, but the ad does portray the history of the brand, me i would not mind if it did have cocaine in it, i would buy it buy the shed load.

do Harrods still sell it :)

Back