Cloud ibox 2 plus

Todds200

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi decided to update my ibox 2 with the hades image but cant get it to flash, put image on a usb (3 different types) turned of at the rear and back on again but wont boot.

What am I doing wrong

Regards

Todds

Hi decided to update my ibox 2 with the hades image but cant get it to flash, put image on a usb (3 different types) turned of at the rear and back on again but wont boot.

What am I doing wrong

Regards

Todds

Open up the folder structure and youll seea a file called noforce. Rename that file to force and try again.

hallo tried to up date my cloud inbox 2 plus using the vid update on the box now it's just stuck on the boot will I have to re flash with a image of the vid site and start over again???

thanks

Just be careful which firmware you use as there were a lot of clones around of the iboxes and you would need clone firmware

i got a cloud ibox 2 plus it seem to be clone box, it cant work with open ATV images, after flash stuck on load, any body could help me here, thanks...

May be worth upgrading to a newer box as the ibox is pretty old now

My cloud ibox 2 plus is stuck on boot . Does this mean that it's bricked or just need to be reflashed. I haven't used it for a while and thought of trying iptv on it for bedroom. I use a zgemma for main use but have forgotten the do's and dont's about the cloud. If it needs to be reflashed is there any usb brand that works better than others as i'm sure they were quite temperamental.

My cloud ibox 2 plus is stuck on boot . Does this mean that it's bricked or just need to be reflashed. I haven't used it for a while and thought of trying iptv on it for bedroom. I use a zgemma for main use but have forgotten the do's and dont's about the cloud. If it needs to be reflashed is there any usb brand that works better than others as i'm sure they were quite temperamental.

Just needs reflashing mate if it is showing boot.

If its a clone be careful what you flash it with or you could brick it. Yeah they can be fussy usb wise use kingston myself but even cheap version have worked. Maim thing i found helped was to format the stick with the HP Format tool.

Just needs reflashing mate if it is showing boot.

If its a clone be careful what you flash it with or you could brick it. Yeah they can be fussy usb wise use kingston myself but even cheap version have worked. Maim thing i found helped was to format the stick with the HP Format tool.
Thank You for that. Is there any particular image you recommend

You carnt really very hard to tell so to be safe it is better to upload a clone freindly boot loader that works on all images see attached then the image of your choice.

Flashes like an image so you need to use the folder system to do it so either an xspeed folder or cloudix folder depending on what you used last time.

Attachments

• J-CFE_0.5.zip
    235.7 KB · Views: 4
Well having spent a couple of hours trying to reflash this box i'm no further forward. It's not the end of the world as i only wanted to use it in the bedroom but still frustrating. The box is stuck on boot and i'm sure that the bootloader has been updated a few years ago as i found that file on my computer. I tried flashing with an older image of OpenPLi as i'm sure that's what was on it even though i couldn't find anything stored on my computer. I also tried a few other images but with no success. 5 usb drives were used and formatted with the HP format tool but once i inserted the usb into the box the usb would flash about 2-3 times and then the boot message would come on the front of the box and then nothing after leaving it for 30-40 mins. Is it worth trying maybe a kingston usb or something else.

Are you sure the folder structure your using is correct ?

When these boxes first came out you flashed them with a folder named xpeedlx

Later the bootloader updated and you flashed them with a folder named cloudix

I'm using cloudix as i remember something that after i updated the bootloader a few years ago that i changed from something else(xpeedlx ?) to cloudix. In your opinion if the boot logo is stuck on the front the box isn't bricked. If that is the case i might buy a different usb. I've used a couple of different SanDisk a Lexar and another one which i can't find what brand it is but know 100% that it was the one i used to flash the box at the start.As i said not the end of the world but i know i've done it before and have flashed a few different boxes for myself and friends over the last few years.

No because to see the bootlogo requires the bootloader to be intact and working so it is not bricked.

When you try to flash the box does it show anything on the front display do you see the usb drive activity light flicker or anything like that ?

When i try to flash, the usb light flickers about 2-3 times and then stops and boot comes up on the front display.

Yes done that. I've tried most of the things you've suggested in most threads(excellent advice i might add) and that's why i'm wondering should i get a kingston usb to try

Back