Cloned modem random discconects?

b3nnyb0y

Banned
Reaction score
Ello well like me modem i cloned last night keeps randomly disconnecting i had a 1meg mac that was fine last nigh then when i turned it all on this morning it keeps like freezing now im using a 2mbit mac and same thing? it doesnt lose the ip tho.... like just freezes and disconnects everything for a about 20 secs then it works again weird lol :D reckon its just the mac im using like?:Cheers:

b3nnyb0y said:
Ello well like me modem i cloned last night keeps randomly disconnecting i had a 1meg mac that was fine last nigh then when i turned it all on this morning it keeps like freezing now im using a 2mbit mac and same thing? it doesnt lose the ip tho.... like just freezes and disconnects everything for a about 20 secs then it works again weird lol :D reckon its just the mac im using like?:Cheers:

macs deff not on your gateway? if not it could be a signal problem being to low m8

is the modem connedcted diretly to ur pc or u through a router

No its direct to the modem like me routers unplugged till i fix this modem and it stays online like uhm how do icheck if its in ym gateway m8 i dunno if it is or isnt lol i just found it with dchpforce.....

im back on me subbed modem now like coz its pishing me off lol keep cutting out some nice speeds tho i maged a speed test like 400kbs :D

etherael

definately your hfc mac adress your usin.....someone near you (or that adress is from near you) has the same hfc mac..i have seen this problem about ten times now and in my experience changing the hfc will fix the problem

if you are having trouble with dhcp force i suggest using a program called ethereal and this tutorial that i will post hear... has worked for me many times all in different areas...

SEE DOWNLOADS FOR TUTORIOL

Last edited:
Like this is my first modem i just decided to give it a try it got a 1meg mac working last night like but i want a 3mbit one as im on 2mbit anyways.. im after a 10meg mac as its out on ntl now lol :D

from my experience's with the modem connecting then disconnecting every few seconds it was cause of the mac, get more mac's mate, maybe from another area than the ones you are trying :)

it was coz i had no like F connector on one end of me coax and the signal kept dropping lol and i also got some macs from a a guy off here like a bit further away ;@) thanks for your help also etherreal looks a lot better than dchpforce i wouldnt reccomend for n00bs tho coz it looks a bit daunting but easy to use :D

Back