Clock going berzerk on computer help

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Hi peeps i have a problem my clock is going wonky donkey the gmt london time is off by 45 mins are close to it when i manually set it over 24 hours it runs off by approx 30 mins i have changed it manually at 9pm this morning and set the sync and it seems ok but I wouldnt notice if it had run off by a min are so anyway i want to get the gmt auto london etc fixed

Any ideas its very strange never seen it before my explorer kept crashing everytime i started a movie as well but found out that it was a xvid codec I installed I got rid of the codec and thats fine now doesnt explain the clock though.

this happend to any one else i could do with some solutions

is the time going slow whilst the pc is on and running or when it is switched off ?

i am not sure how often the time is sync'd in normal operation i suspect it is only when u first start up your browser and get internet connection.

i use program called atomtimepro program that is endlessly configurable u can get to update every minute if need be.

is the time going slow whilst the pc is on and running or when it is switched off ?

i am not sure how often the time is sync'd in normal operation i suspect it is only when u first start up your browser and get internet connection.

i use program called atomtimepro program that is endlessly configurable u can get to update every minute if need be.

Ok thanks for the reply hatab Ive maganged to set the sync for every hour which I wouldnt notice if it was running off im still waiting for my vista through the post so wont be long before i format anyway.

cheers

They do say that drink makes time go slow but I didn't believe them until now !

If it loses time while the PC is powered on then it won't be the CMOS battery. It could be a virus or least possible is a faulty Real Time Clock chip on the motherboard.

Back