• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Clock going berzerk on computer help

Jooooles

Inactive User
Hi peeps i have a problem my clock is going wonky donkey the gmt london time is off by 45 mins are close to it when i manually set it over 24 hours it runs off by approx 30 mins i have changed it manually at 9pm this morning and set the sync and it seems ok but I wouldnt notice if it had run off by a min are so anyway i want to get the gmt auto london etc fixed

Any ideas its very strange never seen it before my explorer kept crashing everytime i started a movie as well but found out that it was a xvid codec I installed I got rid of the codec and thats fine now doesnt explain the clock though.

this happend to any one else i could do with some solutions

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
is the time going slow whilst the pc is on and running or when it is switched off ?

i am not sure how often the time is sync'd in normal operation i suspect it is only when u first start up your browser and get internet connection.

i use program called atomtimepro program that is endlessly configurable u can get to update every minute if need be.

Jooooles

Inactive User
is the time going slow whilst the pc is on and running or when it is switched off ?

i am not sure how often the time is sync'd in normal operation i suspect it is only when u first start up your browser and get internet connection.

i use program called atomtimepro program that is endlessly configurable u can get to update every minute if need be.
Ok thanks for the reply hatab Ive maganged to set the sync for every hour which I wouldnt notice if it was running off im still waiting for my vista through the post so wont be long before i format anyway.

cheers

magistral

Inactive User
They do say that drink makes time go slow but I didn't believe them until now !

If it loses time while the PC is powered on then it won't be the CMOS battery. It could be a virus or least possible is a faulty Real Time Clock chip on the motherboard.