Clobe DM 800HD What sim?

ls12crew

Inactive User
Reaction score
So been looking at the dreambox ie had a while and not used and from all the stuff ive seen its a clone, So were does that leave me as in images as this box seems to have some secure sim inside which on my box i can not tell the version of the sim which is glued in and is blank on top no writing or numbers just blank so was hoping someone an point me in the right direction on getting started with this thing pls.

Take a picture of it and upload it clones never glued their sims in but the original boxes did have glued in sims.

Ok will do just have to find my camera, I did follow a quide that did kind of show mine to be a clone apart from the sim bit, I have a heatsink on cpu and a pin header to the left of the sata port inside the box but i will come back and post pics, Thank you for your response.

Right ive managed to take some pics, Not the best as had to use phone but hope this helps and if someone could point me in the direction of images i can use that would be so helpful.

Thanks

Paul

Attachments

• DSC_0386.JPG
    DSC_0386.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0387.JPG
    DSC_0387.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0388.JPG
    DSC_0388.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0389.JPG
    DSC_0389.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0390.JPG
    DSC_0390.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0391.JPG
    DSC_0391.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0392.JPG
    DSC_0392.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0393.JPG
    DSC_0393.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
Take a picture of it and upload it clones never glued their sims in but the original boxes did have glued in sims.
Updated with pics 2 post down still think i may have a clone but the sim is glued down and i carnt ask the guy i got it off since it was a carboot sale in bradford lol, Was brand new in box tho, My other box is a zgemma h2.s this is first dreambox ive had and thought it would be like any other box and just flash image for correct model but this sim business has got me scratching my head a bit.... Why do these boxes need a sim even.

Updated with pics 2 post down still think i may have a clone but the sim is glued down and i carnt ask the guy i got it off since it was a carboot sale in bradford lol, Was brand new in box tho, My other box is a zgemma h2.s this is first dreambox ive had and thought it would be like any other box and just flash image for correct model but this sim business has got me scratching my head a bit.... Why do these boxes need a sim even.

Never seen a sin glued like that mate its like hot melt glue not like what dream used. Maybe glue to repair a broken sim slot.

So lets try get to bottom of this does it bott if so go to the info page and see what is say particularly the ssl version.

I think it may be stuck in boot as it says please wait for hours, If it helps while booting i can see a picture which is two hard to read but has gold writing and starts with a G and maybe a 2 in there.

Hmmm this is not going to be easy but going by the sim what i can see of it.

Sim 1 if you flash a sim 1 image and it wont boot learn the recover method and try other groups images.

Hmmm this is not going to be easy but going by the sim what i can see of it.

Sim 1 if you flash a sim 1 image and it wont boot learn the recover method and try other groups images.

Ok will give that ago and try flashing a sim 1 image and then find steps to recover if needed, Thanks Ferret

Ok will give that ago and try flashing a sim 1 image and then find steps to recover if needed, Thanks Ferret
Not found a sim 1 image yet but see plenty 2.x and others just not the sim 1 image any pointers welcomed also i found an app but there doesn't seem to be much info on it called "New DreamUp Universal working with all Sim, for DM800HD/DM8000HD/DM800HDse/DM500H v1.1" but from what i can see it says it works with all sims so does this mean i can flash any image if i use this software?

Managed to get abit more info from logging into dreambox from laptop and took these screen shots, One is the boot screen im stuck on and the other is a little device info.

Attachments

• Dreambox boot scnCapture.PNG
    Dreambox boot scnCapture.PNG
    459.8 KB · Views: 5
  • dreambox infoCapture.PNG
    dreambox infoCapture.PNG
    21.2 KB · Views: 4
Managed to get more info from the box from the info section when box finally booted, But i don't see anywhere to tell me about what sim or image i can use can someone point me to the right type of image pls heres the extra info i got:

box type = DM800
Kernel : Linux 2.6.12-5.1-brc
release: 0450
image 2009.11.07
Enigma: EAD-Nov 7
PICTURE IN TOP RIGHT SAYS: The GP2 Gemini project
------------------
Devices
CPU (BCM97xxx Settop Platform
Model: Brcm7401 v0.0
Memory (Flash) MTD4 - Capacity 65.5mb
Memory 154mb

Thanks

Thanks Ferret i will give that image a blast also when i powered up with the standby button and went into recovery i pressed the information button and it said my Second stage bootloader is build #72 built 20090303 so does that mean ssl72 maybe? i dont know im new to the dreambox just wish i had got one which wasnt sooooo feking old LOL.

EDIT: I'm hoping to use this box in the same way i use my zegemma h.2s for free view from sat and IPTV from Xtream plugin.

Also reading around i see its possible to upgrade the boot loader with a patched one for the clone box, Don't suppose anyone knows a compatible bootloader upgrade for this box.

EDIT : Thank you so much for your help, I found this place so good i upgraded to premium.

Thanks Ferret i will give that image a blast also when i powered up with the standby button and went into recovery i pressed the information button and it said my Second stage bootloader is build #72 built 20090303 so does that mean ssl72 maybe? i dont know im new to the dreambox just wish i had got one which wasnt sooooo feking old LOL.

EDIT: I'm hoping to use this box in the same way i use my zegemma h.2s for free view from sat and IPTV from Xtream plugin.

Yeah so you can use 69 upto 72

The image you flash will upgrade the bootloader

Here is a 72 image

MEGA
Cool will try it now, so i can just hold the standby button while i power on and then select the flash option in browser point it to the right .nfi file/image and it should work? Sorry new to this model of box and the sim seems a silly idea, What its purpose really?

Cool will try it now, so i can just hold the standby button while i power on and then select the flash option in browser point it to the right .nfi file/image and it should work? Sorry new to this model of box and the sim seems a silly idea, What its purpose really?

Yeah exactly that.

Back