Clamp down on IPTV sellers.

river4ever

river4ever
Reaction score
A good friend of mine who previously worked for sky and still has good relations with those who still work there said to me today that sky will be going after sellers online.
As we know they have always tried to stomp it out. But my understanding of the conversation is it's a different style of stomping it out. (IPTV)
C/S on 28.2e is all but dead. Kodi addons are also seeing issues.
But IPTV is different.
Theres no easy way to stop it by means of encryption. What I was told sky will be throwing the lot at online sellers.
They will be looking at eBay and Facebook and online sites. He was told that sky are not going to see what happened over the last few years be repeated again only this time it's by different means of receiving TV viewing.

There is without a doubt a MAJOR push to stop sharing.
I can not recall it over many of years such an attempt to make you pay expensive money for there tv service.
I think this might be stage 3 of goal to nip it on the bud.

They can NOT stop IPTV at the moment.
Lets say if your selling all over place online it won't go unnoticed as it was years ago.
As of now the only way to stop IPTV is to take the sellers on.

(that process has started already)

Last edited:
Bloody hell Stevie, you'll have peeps shitting their pants with that post. Personally, I'm not worried cos I've worn rubber pants for years. ;)

A month or 2 ago a well known IPTV service was hit by an ISP block that affected 4% of it's customers.
A work around was found but it does show they are being targeted.

20170619_231728.png

lot of iptv servers are based in china ,korea and so on good luck to sky taking these out

IPTV is not illegal in a lot of countries and with a good vpn sky and co have no way to stop this what so ever

I thought that a VPN just makes your ip appear to come from elsewhere. The traffic is still coming through the ISP's gateway so they surely can block any known illegal IPTV traffic?

lot of iptv servers are based in china ,korea and so on good luck to sky taking these out
Post was not about taking IPTV down.
As you correctly pointed out a lot of sources are based overseas.
Its the sellers online there after.

Especially those selling online.

I thought that a VPN just makes your ip appear to come from elsewhere. The traffic is still coming through the ISP's gateway so they surely can block any known illegal IPTV traffic?
If they cannot view your what you are connecting to then they cannot block the streams or connection,That is what vpns are used for,Even an iptv provider can use a vpn to stop detection

as said its legal in a lot of places round the world so what is the offence selling a service based in another country here in the uk

as said its legal in a lot of places round the world so what is the offence selling a service based in another country here in the uk

Stun guns and pepper spray are legal in America but can't be sold here. The offence is on the buyer

Stun guns and pepper spray are legal in America but can't be sold here. The offence is on the buyer

this is covered by laws. selling services for that are aimed at users in other country's is not so its the end user that would be in breach of the law not the seller

Only posting what i was told from good source.
Where does source come from????
Not all from the far east and russia.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
I know where thats coming from.

:whistle:

That stream is not coming from china as them cards or card capture wont work there.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
this is covered by laws. selling services for that are aimed at users in other country's is not so its the end user that would be in breach of the law not the seller

Think that is pretty much what I said. :proud: Isn't piracy also against the law though?

yes pretty much but this thread is about sky going after the sellers not the users

yes pretty much but this thread is about sky going after the sellers not the users

But if the Sellers are UK based and selling a product that is illegal in the UK then surely they can be prosecuted

bear in mind the powers that be ran a pilot scheme towards knocking out iptv streams to which they managed to take down a couple pretty sure they will be more aggressive up coming season interesting times for sure

You make me laugh, you really do.
Your back @Fangface.
Thanks for your input to the thread. Very little has been added by yourself to the thread other than comment you made.
We do know you like to have a laugh.
(Mostly at other people expense)

Mod dilemna

Rather than troll threads i would be really really greatfull if you could put something into DW.
Even your profile picture could be offence to young ones dropping in here with the language like that.
(i dont want my 4 year old child looking at it)

So please @Fangface could you please post something that could be added to threads or helpful to others rather than troll my posts and other members posts.

Cheers mate.

:)

WTF! We have been here many times before with BSB, BslyB, Sly, Virmin, NAG3, a 100 different satellite, cable and combo dodgy boxes, IPTV, etc etc etc. As long as they continue to screw us with exorbitant subs we will fight back with whatever means we can to our dying breath. Courage guys !
Don’t let the bastards grind you down. New avenues will open up. They always do !

No one said that there would not be a way around it.

But personally I dont think that IPTV is it, it is far to common with the average jo

IPTV is "it" already. Netflix, Amazon, Youtube and Now TV have already shown the quality is there. Sky will no doubt want to eventually turn their whole enterprise over to IPTV and probably save an absolute fortune.No more expensive dish installs or paying for satellites and not being limited to those areas that fall within their footprint.

I am currently paying for 4 different IPTV suppliers. Netflix, Amazon, full Sky setup + extras and PGA Tour Live, not to mention also paying for Sky. Two of the aforementioned are about to be cancelled and it definitely ain't the Golf. :proud:

Back