Cisse, Healy complete Sunderland switch

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Sunderland have confirmed the signing of France striker Djibril Cisse on a season-long loan deal from Marseille.

He is joined by Northern Ireland striker David Healy, who has signed from Fulham in what has become a busy summer of transfers for the Black Cats.

Cisse, 27, has moved with a view to a permanent deal.

"The signing shows how far this club have moved on since the end of last season. His experience will bring a lot to the squad," said boss Roy Keane.

"Hopefully he will add some goals to the side. He is known for scoring them as well as creating them," added Keane.

I'm really pleased to join a good club with good players," said Cisse.

"Sunderland are a club I think is going to achieve things, they have big ambitions, that is why I chose to come here. I liked what the club had to say to me."

Cisse, who was a member of Liverpool's Champions League-winning team in 2005, broke both legs during his time at Anfield and missed the 2006 World Cup because of the second injury.

He joined Marseille in July 2007 following a loan spell and scored 16 goals last season.

The Black Cats' latest signings follow the summer arrivals of Teemu Tainio, Pascal Chimbonda, Steed Malbranque and El-Hadji Diouf.

keano's building quite a good team there. In season's to come if they survive the drop, could be a very hard place to go..

COME ON ! We are starting to look good, even against Liverpool we played good football and now with a decent strike force who know's :)

I heard Cisse knocked back Man city for us as well :)

Hi

By the looks of it, it will be hard place to go this season.

Back