Chromecast with Google TV + All4

JonMMM

Elite Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, Mods please feel free to move it.

OK I have the new Chromecast with Google TV, its quite a nice bit of kit for the money, but it lacks the All4 app. With the firestick you can side load apps, I want to do the reverse Firestick has a good All4 app I want to side load this to the Chromecast.

So does anyone have any idea how to download a firestick app?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, Mods please feel free to move it.

OK I have the new Chromecast with Google TV, its quite a nice bit of kit for the money, but it lacks the All4 app. With the firestick you can side load apps, I want to do the reverse Firestick has a good All4 app I want to side load this to the Chromecast.

So does anyone have any idea how to download a firestick app?

I am not sure this will works as i cannot test it, but the link below is how to sideload apps.
How to Sideload Apps on Chromecast with Google TV — Get Virtually Any Android App on the Big Screen

Then this link is for the app you want I hope.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/channel-4-television-corporation/all-4/all-4-5-2-1-release/#downloads

Hope it works.

I am not sure this will works as i cannot test it, but the link below is how to sideload apps.
How to Sideload Apps on Chromecast with Google TV — Get Virtually Any Android App on the Big Screen

Then this link is for the app you want I hope.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/channel-4-television-corporation/all-4/all-4-5-2-1-release/#downloads

Hope it works.

I can side load that is not the issue, the problem is the phone version on All4 does not play well with Android / Google TV was hoping the the amazon fire version would be better, but having trouble finding the amazon fire all4 APK

Try loading the Amazon app store apk and see if you can d/l all4 from it. @JonMMM

Attachments

• Amazon_App.rar
    13.9 MB · Views: 5
@JonMMM Here’s some videos Techdoctor has done on the device.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Try this trick to see if you can get the apk from your Firestick. @JonMMM

Here is ES file explorer clean with virus total.

Attachments

• ES File Explorer Premium v4.2.3.4.1 build 15006 Mod.rar
    19.3 MB · Views: 2
when you copy the fire stick app it only comes out as 330kb which is obviously wrong

@JonMMM If you want to change the stock launcher.

I just thought It might be helpful and you may be interested in the video but obviously not by your reaction 🙄. If I do happen to find out I won’t be sharing it with you.
Could one of the mods @Ferret remove all my posts from this thread because they are obviously not helpful...

did not say that you were not helpful just that it did not answer the question, problem with the internet is that it can make things look rude with no rudeness was intended, I am sorry for any offence caused

did not say that you were not helpful just that it did not answer the question, problem with the internet is that it can make things look rude with no rudeness was intended, I am sorry for any offence caused

Just having one of those days pal. No worries 🤓 If I do come across anything with the all4 I will post it here. No offence caused

can you not just download the apk never tried it personally

can you not just download the apk never tried it personally

I think the problem is the Firestick uses it's own version of most of the Demand apps, which are different to what you get from the Playstore.

Back