Other Chromebook Any Good ?

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a Chromebook solely for work related purposes, any of you guys use one and your thoughts on it
mainly use .doc xlsx files for invoicing etc but looking at it google sheet/doc and handle these formats

Never used one mate, going to see what they are :)

Mick

Reactions: Rat
Haven't seen or used one in a while but they are ok for the price but they rely on being connected to the internet. if you aint connected then you dont got access to google doc's or any other apps.

not sure if u have ever used google docs but no where as good as Microsoft office but considering it free you cant really complain. Also if you are using it for work google docs converts .doc and .xlsx files and it can totally change the format. i only use google docs for group projects and its great for that as you ye can see the changes each user made and all of ye can work on it at the same, i wouldn't recommend it for a single user.

i would really only recommend chrome books for kids to be honest.

I put a post on about chromebook earlier. you can try it out by going here and downloading the home version. Create as a live disk(bootable usb). Boot form the portable drive then bobs yer sister!

If you like it and have an old spare laptop then you can use the live disk to install it permanently! The live disk disk will allow you to try it before committing. Home version is free, but there are other versions like Education and enterprise which you can pay for but the home version was great for my old laptop!

Also there is a chrome plugin that allows you to use office online, this gives you free access to office apps. Its called office online.

Ive just ordered one delivered for Monday
my accounts are very simple so this should do the trick :) just been to currys to try one out and tbh they seem pretty neat :)
Just want something that is totally for work files and the kids wont use for homework etc

Mate of mine has one for work it's only a small company but all the work is in cloud so if the laptop gets stolen, lost or corrupted they don't need to worry about it.

Think they all use Google for business too do Gmail and Google docs etc... I'm sure I saw something in the news about British Airways moving from MS office to google apps as it works better for collaborative working across the world.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well been using the Chromebook since yesterday and Im really impressed with it :)
I went with the Acer R11
I've noticed although it uses MS files the print area is slightly out so will need to look into this
But its a fast little thing :)

Does it always need internet access or can it work in offline work and sync everything later on?

Back