Chrome or Windows edge

gez

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
got both on my computer and to be honest Edge loads a little faster than chrome. Im trying it because the ncomputer died and i had to put a completely new install on.
WEhats everybody use then, ive never got on with firefox.

Firefox for me, and Chrome when I have to as its got a bit too bloaty. I work in IT so need the full spectrum to test on. New Edge built on Chromium will be nice when fully released.

Reactions: gez
Firefox for me. I have to do a lot of testing across a number of browsers and firefox always gives the best results. It is the fastest of the lot and the most reliable in my opinion.

I have about half a dozen different browsers on my PC as I find some are better/more appropriate on certain sites. Firefox for instance, I use for Farcebook as I can use a container tab.
But for day-to-day browsing my current favourite is a chromium-based one called 'Brave'. Not bloated but can still run Chrome extensions if you wish. Also use Opera a lot, it has some nice tweaks but is becoming a bit bloated.
I cannot get on with Edge and neither can most websites it would appear.

Chrome and Firefox for work & home use. Although at work some sites open with Internet Explorer (company default settings).

Just as a side note, MS are dropping the EdgeHTML engine in favour of Chromium.

IMHO Edge is now suffering from lack of support; I use a lot of digital collaboration tools, Trello, Slack, JIRA, Confluence all of which have some form of issues in Edge.

Edge seems to be working for me, just general use nothing techie, seems a lot faster loading than chrome.

I find Chrome to be a lot more bloated and slower than it used to be. I did try Chromium Beta a while back and it was definitely faster, but unfortunately quite glitchy.

I personnel use edge and, only because I install the least possible less chance of getting a virus :)

I've never really given Edge much of a try to be honest. If I remember correctly Edge wouldn't import my favourites, passwords etc; so I stuck with Chrome. I know it's not too difficult to incorporate them anyway but thought it was something the browser should have handled. I vaguely remember having trouble accessing some sites too.
I do use edge for opening pdf files as it navigates far better than Chrome.

Edge imported all my bookmarks etc. Didn't have any probs at all. Customised the page to suit my style. Chrome seems to be getting slower and slower loading pages etc.
Will carry on with edge for awhile.
Great reading all the comments, give me a better chance to compare.

I use a variety of browsers, depending on what I'm doing.
Firefox for Farcebook (as it has FB container & runs other useful extensions), 'Brave' for general browsing as it IS quick, Opera occasionally as it has some nice tweaks (but it too is becoming heavy like Chrome) and Edge as a last resort if pages won't load/display well in the first 3.

At home I use Firefox for everything as I'm used to it and some of the addons.

I use Chrome at work but spoof the user agent because some sites force adverts onto Chrome users only. I usually choose a FF UA.

In all cases I have the following browser add-ons and don't get any ads.

Adblock Plus
uBlock Origin
Ghostery

Ok thanks all but if this carries on please remember, it's me, one up from a luddite, all these acronyms are def lost on me.🙄😁

thought i'd try the dev build of edge this morning and its working fine ,all my extensions from chrome are working fine like lastpass and ublock origin and it definately feels smoother than chrome.

adblock plus
privacy badger
ublock origin with firefox here
for what i do edge works fine

Back