chirping freezing

bonehead

Member ++
Reaction score
hi all
i have m8s box here it works great for about one hour fortyfive mins then chirps like mad and freezes i have fitted a new tuner changed u codes but still the same before i hit it with a very large hammer does anyone have an idea as to what it could be
thanks all.

Have you taken modem out? (just a thought)... and have you tried an older image (some are better for 'chirping' than others).

Liam.

hi liam first thing i did was take that out,i am trying an older sportster image as i write this,any other clues would be appreciated m8.
has anyone tried fitting a fan inside box,if so did it help

I don't know if this is relivant but I have only ever noticed chirping on my box when I install an original unmodded german image I presumed it was happening because the tuner/box was trying to search for the neccesary signal or something. When I put a uk image on I never hear anything.

Have you tried a signal booster or pulling out the cable feed, also does the box chirp when the feed is pulled completely ?

de_deej

hi de deej
i have a signal booster at feed point to house,never tried pulling cable feed out but presume it would still chirp when or if it does it again i will give it ago,
just started box with older sportster on see how it goes

Mate, I have had a same problem as yours. what I did is plugged my dbox directly in to the line without any splitter and it worked like black horse.... I would suggest you to get ordinary splitter rather than high frequency splitter.

I think when signal level isn't enough, dbox starts freezing or picture starts stopping every few seconds.

Hope this helps... good luck mate

Try the folowing first( if on a sagem):-

press dbox...settings...misc...scroll down to enx watchdog this needs switching on. Dont forget to save the setting.

Back