chirping freezing

hi all
i have m8s box here it works great for about one hour fortyfive mins then chirps like mad and freezes i have fitted a new tuner changed u codes but still the same before i hit it with a very large hammer does anyone have an idea as to what it could be
thanks all.

S

Speedy2206

Have you taken modem out? (just a thought)... and have you tried an older image (some are better for 'chirping' than others).

Liam.

hi liam first thing i did was take that out,i am trying an older sportster image as i write this,any other clues would be appreciated m8.
has anyone tried fitting a fan inside box,if so did it help

I don't know if this is relivant but I have only ever noticed chirping on my box when I install an original unmodded german image I presumed it was happening because the tuner/box was trying to search for the neccesary signal or something. When I put a uk image on I never hear anything.

Have you tried a signal booster or pulling out the cable feed, also does the box chirp when the feed is pulled completely ?

de_deej

hi de deej
i have a signal booster at feed point to house,never tried pulling cable feed out but presume it would still chirp when or if it does it again i will give it ago,
just started box with older sportster on see how it goes

cheecs

Inactive User
Mate, I have had a same problem as yours. what I did is plugged my dbox directly in to the line without any splitter and it worked like black horse.... I would suggest you to get ordinary splitter rather than high frequency splitter.

I think when signal level isn't enough, dbox starts freezing or picture starts stopping every few seconds.

Hope this helps... good luck mate

scooby do

Inactive User
Try the folowing first( if on a sagem):-

press dbox...settings...misc...scroll down to enx watchdog this needs switching on. Dont forget to save the setting.

TEST