Chipping Wii?

jamiel

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am considering chipping my Wii...

...I do not know anything about it, and need to know what is the best chip to buy, and on a scale of 1-10, how hard is it to do and work out?

Once the Wii has been chipped do you have to constantly update the software to be able to play new games?

If anyone can give me a few pointers, and give me a few site to look at that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

you first need to check what controller chip you have if you pm your serial I can confirm this

if its a D2C

if you going to do ot yourself get a wii-clip with argon chip and update ribbon cable you will also need a tri screwdriver to open it
if you want to play other region games you will still need to solder a extra four wires but if sticking to PAL games this is not needed

you can get a wii clip with a D2Ckey chip with it, this patches the game on the fly and does not need updates
and wont need any extra soldering apart from a jumper on the chip
do a google on these and have a read

Last edited:
Do you know of any decent sites I can order the Wii-Clip from? How much are they as a good basis?

I have had a search on the net, and it seems that some come pre-soldered and some not.

Also, f I did purchase a new Wii, would this still be compataible with the Wii-Clip? And if so, what one would I most likely have to buy?

you first need to check what controller chip you have if you pm your serial I can confirm this

you can check which d2 chip is in your wii in the link here :-
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/140354/

just put your serial in and you`ll know which chip u have

results -

d2a/dms - yaosm
d2b or d2b with legs cut (really fun install) - yaosm
d2c - argon,wasabi etc

regards
jase

Last edited by a moderator:
i can say that a wii-clip is very good and easy install...

does anyboy know where to get a wii-clip for a argon?
have e-mailed xbox-enterainment but had no reply...

Im looking to get some in shortly......

Back