Chipped tooth home repair

I'm after just the one a row bottom back. I cannot stand already not having a chewer there.
I had all 4 wisdom took out when I was 21 so there's just one single tooth and a biggish whole.
@Joe Noodles
Can you pm me some of the details of who your using in Turkey and how you contact them as there seems to be lots of agents taking a cut when you Google it.
My m8s daughter works at a dentist who does them but she said they are very very expensive so I'll weigh up my options.
Mines not cosmetic mines for more of a physical thing , chewing and were my tongue now sits
Sent ;)

I know it's a bit off subject but has anyone or their kids used these?

https://smiledirectclub.co.uk/

Me and my daughter have read tonnes of articles & videos the lot and at £1500 it's far more affordable for her. They've had some really outstanding results and in far far less time

I know a couple of people who have used this and they were very pleased with results.

I'll bump an old thread here for anyone thinking of using Smile Direct:-

My daughter got quoted £3000 at the dentist to have a brace top & bottom for her crooked teeth. She had a buck front top tooth which stuck out and the dentist said it would take 2-2.5 years wearing a brace and she'd have to have a couple of teeth filed to make room.

She looked round and dropped on Smiledirect so she opted for them based on reviews and lots of videos plus the timescale and cost.

She went to one of their centres were they scanned the inside of her mouth but a week later she had to go back as the scan was done incorrectly.

It wasn't long after she got all the retainers in a big box. At first she said they were painful to get in and hurt but only when you use a new set but same as a dentist brace when they tighten them every few month.

She had loads of sets dated so every few weeks she'd swap over to new ones, that was when it was it's most painful. Also, some of the retainers might be abit sharp (too high) so she used a nail file just to take the edge off them on the gums.

After 6 months the improvement was huge. Her teeth were 95% better and the top bucked tooth ? It was near straight.

When we originally asked the dentist about retainers before she started with Smiledirect he laughed and said those retainer companies are scams they don't work well I can only vouch for my daughter and I can categorically say they worked.
She still wears night retainers but I suppose that's the price you pay. If you asked me then I would 100% say try them.
The benefits of retainers are the cost and timescale plus theres no trips to the dentist and once there in your mouth you can hardly see them as they are clear plastic.

Only thing she would do if out eating with friends is take a mini tooth brush out with her, take them out while eating the brush teeth and pop them back in.

If anyone has crooked teeth they them far far cheaper than a dentist brace and you'll get very similar results

Last edited:
Between a dental brace and SmileDirect retainers?, anything from £1500-£3000. One dentist my friend's daughter works at charge around £4000.
My daughter was quoted £3000 by a dentist with a "But if" clause thrown in (extra treatment filing teeth if needed) so it could have been up near £3500 mark.

The Smiledirect retainers then the the cost of extra night time ones after it ends came in around the £1700'ish

Another thing, when they 3D scan your teeth the scan goes to an orthodontist who checks whether the retainers will work for you so if your teeth are pointing North South East West they will refuse you.
There's only so much the retainers can do but my daughter's front tooth was sticking out and turned and her bottom overlapped so she wasn't holding hope but to her amazement the retainers worked wonders

Cheaper getting them done in Turkey 🤣

a0eb0252b9e23f799704f44b7cefbe4a.jpg

Still Game was a great show, I recently watched all the series of it and it was still as funny as when the first season came out.

I completely agree with you, @Sandra51! "Still Game" is a classic, and it's amazing how it can still make us laugh after all these years. 😄 The humor in the show is timeless.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My Mum's had a Ti molar implant for 30 years or so and loves hers
She had it done in the UK so it wasn't cheap but the price included a lifetime guarantee and a free checkup once a year which she's used every year so she feels it's been good value for her too.

Speaking of keeping things in top shape, it's essential to take care of our dental health as well. If anyone ever finds themselves needing dental work, especially for issues like a chipped tooth, it's crucial to consider options like Mini Implant Dentures. These modern dental solutions can help restore not only your smile but also your dental function. It's incredible how far dentistry has come, offering various options to keep our smiles healthy and bright!
There's a slight issue with that, getting in to see a dentist NHS is impossible, Most don't take NHS round my way.

Some tell you to ring say a Fri or Mon as it their day they take on patients that "if" they've room.

Now if you come in on a boat and I don't mean a ferry or a cruise liner you actually get priority.

I paid a small fortune for a front tooth as I was told unable to have it done on NHS as they were full but not full enough to turn me away when I pulled a wedge of cash out.

And not that, have you seen the prices ?. It's all fine saying look after your teeth but if you can't get in or can't afford it wtf do you do ??

I know a few people my brother included have all go to Turkey if they have needed major dentistry work as it’s way cheaper than the UK.
Rip-off, Britain🙄

It's incredible how far dentistry has come, offering various options to keep our smiles healthy and bright!
It certainly has done since the first recorded use of false teeth 🤣

The earliest type of false teeth found were created by the Etruscans in 700 B.C. They created sets of dentures made from a combination of human and animal teeth. Curiously, the practice never caught on outside of their society, and false teeth disappeared around the same time as the Etruscans did.

Back