Chip installers in Middlesbrough/Nearby

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi people,
i recently bought an argon chip planning to solder it in, but when ut can i realised i havent got a clue. i can send it back to where i got it and pay £24 to get it soldered to a clip, but i was wondering if there is anyone in the local area who can solder the argon? i just want it doing and out of the way and itl take a week+ to send the chip back and forth. the chip is unopened and untouched and the wii is dissasembled so basically i just need the chip soldering in. thanks in advance for any replies guys :)

theres a well known place in boro called AD that mod pretty much everything. Don't know how much they charge to do the wii however, as was curious myself. Tempted to phone in the morning and find out

AD are a bit hit and miss mate, i know of stories of them swapping xbox drives and spoofing them etc, they also charge rediculous prices like £35 for a xbox flash! thanks anyways buddy

yeah I know they've always been well overpriced....certainly flashed my own 360s instead of paying their daft prices.....originally used them back in the old ps1 days. I know they tend to pinch the stickers off 360s to put on other ppls to do an rrod return, but never heard of them spoofing drives etc

I rang them this morning however, just to see for the wii. They charge £75 to install...asked what chip and said the D2Cpro (presume its the D2pro9 he meant)...and its usually either next day pickup, or same day if get it in early enough.

On the tangent again, I can confirm that Asda Living stores are having a deal on the wii's, as I just went to the one in Durham, and bought a Wii for £150 :) Offer ends sunday night, if anyone is after them, they had plenty.

As a brucey bonus I also bought an extra nunchuk (as I got the impression you had to buy them seperately) - when checked later the woman mustnt have scanned it correctly as never got charged - so saved an extra 15quid for when buy the 2nd controller :D

So now I'm just in the toss up, of whether to buy a modchip with the solderless clip for about 45-50quid - or just go the no hassle route and get them to slap one in for 75. I dont trust myself with a soldering iron. Whats also confusing is seeing some instruction on some site advertising the wii solderless clip with chip attached, but then saying that 1 wire must be soldered to the board?

Back