Chillies

ekwat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any chilli plants growing this year? I've only got one and not sure what it's going to be, some sort of Hybrid from last years crop, but it's starting to fruit :)

IMG_20110716_190654.jpg

ive never had much luck growing chillies :( ...

i like hot chilies and as long your hybrid chillies turn out to be at least as hot as jalapeno chillies you cat go wrong mate...

if they are as hot,if not hotter send me some seeds :)

At work I have a cayenne chilli plant from last year on its 4th crop of chillies. But there is no heat in them at all. It might be because we have UV filter on the windows to keep the heat in the office down.

This year I have also planted scotch bonnet and habanero which are growing but all three plants have been badly attacked by green fly so I am not sure they are going to survive.

ive never had much luck growing chillies :( ...

i like hot chilies and as long your hybrid chillies turn out to be at least as hot as jalapeno chillies you cat go wrong mate...

if they are as hot,if not hotter send me some seeds :)

Last year we had an amazing crop of Dorset Naga's and they were just insane. Too hot to enjoy for me but very nice cut in eighths and added to a soup.

The Naga's have not done anything this year but whatever this one is it's doing well ( it came from my old dears greenhouse and is quite a bit behind those ).

If it turns out any good I'll send you some seeds m8.

At work I have a cayenne chilli plant from last year on its 4th crop of chillies. But there is no heat in them at all. It might be because we have UV filter on the windows to keep the heat in the office down.

This year I have also planted scotch bonnet and habanero which are growing but all three plants have been badly attacked by green fly so I am not sure they are going to survive.

I really like Scotch Bonnet's. They are a good middle ground. Nicely hot but not too unbearable and very tasty in a curry.

Last edited:
nice one mate.....it is coming along well.... are you going to eat it raw lol

Last edited:
Depends how many fruits it produces. There are 3 like that at the moment and about 30 odd flowers. So long as they are pollinated I should be getting a few more :)

I like them raw but think a nice curry with them in whole sounds nice.

sounds good to me mate.... i like them on my pizzas too :Drool:

Pizza sounds good too but I've not had a curry in ages so really looking forward to one :)

So got around 30 fruits growing now :)
Just cut the first three and tried one with some garlic chicken. Very tasty though not quite hot enough for my liking. Probably around 2/3 the heat of a jalapeno so it's probably a Cayenne.
2011-07-28191420.jpg

Grown these from small plants they are called apacheDSC00457.JPG

Yes put them in a curry last week they are reasonably hot but will improve as they ripen

Don't pick them until they go red then you can keep them by freezing them or tie them in a bunch and hang them up in warm room until they dry ( I think this is the best way ) but beware when you use them that you do not put your finger near your eyes even after washing your hands

Don't pick them until they go red then you can keep them by freezing them or tie them in a bunch and hang them up in warm room until they dry ( I think this is the best way ) but beware when you use them that you do not put your finger near your eyes even after washing your hands

I'll be drying the rest of mine like I did last year :) Very nice like that though I lost a few naga's to mould.
It's not touching my eyes that's the problem ;)

Wish I'd read your post last week, I was making a curry, finely chopped the chillies dropped them in the pan and nipped for a pee (like you do)

Anyways comes back to the kitchen (washed hands thoroughly of course) and said to my wife have I burnt my forehead today (theirs me thinking I've caught some sun) no she said but it looks a little red like a rash hmmmmm

Then WHAM my bell end was burning like someone had a match under it. I spent the next ten minutes dancing round the kitchen, until I eventually got to the bathroom to scrub my forehead and then hold my John Henry under the cold tap. NOT pleasant although the wife found it extremely funny.

All harvested now and eaten quite a few. Got some drying and they're getting hotter all the time. Just tried a mostly dry red one and it's quite painful :)

2011-09-10155352-1.jpg

thanks for the chliies tawke :) ...

ill have a go at growing some plants myself with these :)

now to do some reading......lol

thanks mate ............

thanks for the chliies tawke :) ...

ill have a go at growing some plants myself with these :)

now to do some reading......lol

thanks mate ............

Took me long enough to send them :) I'd just started ripping my kitchen out when I said I'd send them and they ended up being lost until last week. Hope the seeds take for you and if not just enjoy the eating :)

Back