Cheeky request

mariner11

Inactive User
Reaction score
Having tried on numerous occassions to programme a fun card, all I have managed to do is get a blank screen. I've been trying now for a couple of weeks and the moaning from the little one is getting annoying.
If I pm'd somebody in the "know" my ird/bk numbers, would they make the correct images and send them to me, at least that way I know if its something I have been doing wrong.
Like I say, it's a bit cheeky, but you don't get if you don't ask.
Thanks.

You will also need to send your CC suplier ie TW, EX-C&W or pure NTL.
and make sure you use either the latest Rst first to make sure its the right details then you can make an AU funcard ok. ;)
You can pm me your E-mail addy and ird & bk etc. ;)
Clive.

To be honest i thought making the rst fun was pretty straight forward and the tuts excellent.. I am now on to au funs and looking for new progger for xmas ..great when it works !

hi ..i am having the same problem, at first i got three boxes to work, but now any box i try all i get is black screens (eng menu - card status..please wait)..is it possible i could pm somebody my bk and ird so they can load a image please???...any help would be dearly appreciated.

dapper69 unable to pm you..not enough posts m8, or you need to delete some messages in your folder..is there anyone else available to help me out please??

like shotter I am having the same problems. i have lost count how many times i have tried to prog the card. can some one help me too if i pm my bk, ird and cc details
thanks in anticipation

pm me your details mate with an return addy and ill helps yas out :Cheers:

@mariner11, Files for AU funcard and Rst funcard sent mate ;)
Blime! this is getting to become a band wagon lol,
Next! :Laugh:
Clive.

OK me next..... something is going on here... They used to work now I can't get any to work- same as above!. Thing is, MOSC's work fine. 10's or 11's. Then I pop in a Fun and zippo.It's not as if I haven't done a few or I'm doing something wrong or the progger is iffy..... I'm baffled as to what is going on.I'll pm you if I may Clive... I'll give it a try and if it works, next step will be to do hexcompare on the file sets I have........There HAS to be an answer I think there's a lot of peeps that will be sorted...

Sent the files for AU funcard and Rst funcard with your details in them, hope they help you mate, sorry i didn't see this last night.
Clive.

SORTED! I was putting the IRD in backwards, as per TIT2 and MOSC....Richard's nickname springs to mind.... :)
As part of the process, I found out the following useful facts....
Your FUNCARD only needs to be set to FUN2( 64k exteep-24C64) The file size that is loaded into the external eeprom is less than 8k bytes So that's all you need. Future upgrades may need more exteep....
By selecting FUN2, ERASE is much quicker, not that it's a prerequisite to erase the card first, but always preferred. There's no technical /logical reason why it should be erased.....
Get your box turned on, without a card and set it to a subscribed channel so that you get the "unsubscribed" message. After a few minutes, the new keys are in the box and are "ready to go". What this means is , that your card, when inserted, SHOULD take the keys pretty quickly. I can't see any logial reason why it takes some people 24 hours.... You should have a box up saying "insert card" with A004 in the bottom left hand corner of the box.
Now plug your card in and watch the A004. If it changes to A003, your card is NOT programmed correctly.If it is right , the box will disapear.DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS.... Give it 30 seconds. If the card hasn't taken then keys, press channel up, then channel down.I found that certain cards just would NOT take the keys/work if I just left them.
Eqipment used:-
Infinity USB( Com port + USB cable version)
Nagraedit 4.1
WIN XP
Funcard2 ( 24C64)
Funcard3
Funcard4
Prussian3
All cards programmed as FUN2.
Some further checks you can do....
Your ext eep file can be re-named as .BN11 and opened with Nagraedit to change the IRD /BK. Then save it as MyNewExtEep.bn11. Then rename the extension to .bin so that it can be loaded into Infinity USB.
By the side of the three file types, there is a blue "cat flap" labelled "hex view". When you have loaded all 3 files, you can click on this icon and a box will open up showing the file contents.It's useful to recognise roughly what the contents look like...... This will confirm that the file has been loaded into the buffer correctly.Not so important when loading files, but REALLY useful when you read the contents of a card.........
I had some problems with some cards, so I read them.You MUST read them in this order:-
FLASH
Int EEP
Ext EEP
This is because reading the Ext EEP will destroy the FLASH. ( some programmers don't do this, they transparently read the flash first,read the ext, then write back the flash).
So, read your FLASH, then save as "testflash.hex" somewhere.
Do the same for Int eeprom, saving as " testIntEep.hex"
And finally Ext eeprom, saving as "testExtEep.hex"
Now you can click on the blue cat flap to display the buffer contents of each file.
Now you can see what was programmed into your card.( Or what you THOUGHT was programmed into your card!). So if you did this before when you loaded your files, you will be able to see if the files are the same....
The reason for me writing this is that I found that some cards had NOT programmed the flash file. It said it had, but on reading the file back, it was all "FF's". Needles to say, thet didn't work!
The Flash hex file size should be 22K (22,052 bytes)
The int eep hex file is 1K ( 224 bytes)
The ext eep bin file size is 8K ( 8,192 bytes)
When you read the card and save the files (as above), the file lengths will be different!!!! This is beacause "file save" saves ALL the code space. The original files are only as big as they need to be.

MythBusters
You don't need to worry about what type of fun card you have, and getting the settings correct. Just set it to FUN2.
You don't need to erase the card first.
Don't trust the card is programmed correctly if it doesn't work.
Don't push any buttons for 30 seconds after inserting card. Patience!
IRD goes in forwards with NagraEdit.

My thanks to Clive58 for his assistance in overcoming my blind stupidity and I hope this helps some of you solve your problems.
Happy Xmas.

Last edited:
Blime! Martin, you do like to do the job thoroughly don’t you lol, it must have taken you a fair bit of your time to test that lot out and make it public for which may I be the first to thank you in return,
Thanks mate ;)
Clive.

Back