Got your PM, but it wouldnt let me reply? So I've posted it here instead...cheecs said:liam,
If you email me source code I can prepare distributable setup for "world of digital" users so users won't get any error messages like on of the user had problem with comdlg32.ocx.
Also I would like to make some changes to the dbox command software, e.g. include help, tooltips,etc.
I would be very happy to work on it if you dont have any problem.
Its a great idea, and you're more than welcome to the source code It will solve alot of hassle with members complaining about missing files.
Here are a few of the problems which are known so far:
* Windows XP users: MISSING COMDLG32.OCX OR ONE OF ITS DEPENDANCIES
* Windows 2K users: MISSING COMCTL32.OCX OR ONE OF ITS DEPENDANCIES
* Windows 98 users: ((both of the above))
* Flash an image: Sometimes the image does not get sent, although "success" message is still displayed?
* User Interface: sometimes one or more of the panels get disabled (Panel1.Disabled = True), but there is no coding to make the panels disable?
Actually the whole interface could do with a bit of updating and rearranging to make more user friendly. The whole base of the program is there and you are free to change it as you wish.
I'd love to see what you can do to the program, so keep me informed
The entire project was written in VB6, if you need VB then you'll find it on one of the p2p networks its about 485MB.