check ya ports etc

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I was sorting through my Favs and come across THIS ain't used it for a while,but remember members years ago recommending it on here,so thought Id post it up for all to have a check :)

wow cool site m8 , my system passed the stealth checks woohooo ! . currently useing sygate personal firewall .

regards robby

Cheers mate, my system passed every check using windows firewall :proud: lol

oh look at me, no firewall yet i passed.

Steve Gibson is a fanny and a scaremonger.

Yup :)

But how many people are still paying for a software firewall when they have a perfectly good router that can flter out the garbage. I think most people with routers setup their wireless, setup their wireless encryption then forget about everything else, shame really.

Why is your REP black mate??

I'm feckin' lost with this.

System failed because it replied to their 'ping'

I have changed all my settings wrt ICMP to block 'ping' (KAS 7, Windows & Router firewall) and I'm still failing :confused:

WTF is going on that my PC is still answering to 'ping'?

Help please?

It will be your router that is responding to the ping unless you have it forwarded to a specific internal PC.

To be honest, I would not worry over your machine responding to ping. All it is saying is that the IP address you are using is valid. What happens is a hacker would then run a port sweep to see if you have any specific ports/applications running on the standard ports. If you are locked down then they will move onto somebody else.

It will be your router that is responding to the ping unless you have it forwarded to a specific internal PC.

To be honest, I would not worry over your machine responding to ping. All it is saying is that the IP address you are using is valid. What happens is a hacker would then run a port sweep to see if you have any specific ports/applications running on the standard ports. If you are locked down then they will move onto somebody else.

Thanks for that mate. It's passing on all others I.e Stealth :)

Yup :)

But how many people are still paying for a software firewall when they have a perfectly good router that can flter out the garbage. I think most people with routers setup their wireless, setup their wireless encryption then forget about everything else, shame really.

Why is your REP black mate??

Agreed, most software firewalls are not needed, I would assume thats why they are bundled in with AV software for free now. That and Windows will complain for ever of you dont have something installed - scaring people into getting one.

I aso thing that most routers come with their firewall enabled, its in the best interest of the ISPs who provide them as part of a package to make sure they are as it stops botnets and other attacks from their service.

I have Kaspersky installed right now, at its lowest level of firewall protection, just so I dont get that annoying popup each time I start Windows.

My rep is black as it is disabled right now. Unfortunately, before Herbie got banned he decided to leave as much bad rep as possible for me and a few other people on here. As a result it took a bit of a nose dive :( .

Baaheeduk, you can tell your router to ignore WAN pings mate.

I have Kaspersky installed right now, at its lowest level of firewall protection, just so I dont get that annoying popup each time I start Windows.

Why not just disable the notification mate?

RE : Herbie, can't a mod remove all his bullshit rep?

I am on vista, I havent looked into it a lot tbh, I am happy enough with the kaspersky firewall doing sweet FA at the moment. But I can see why the alert will scare many people, shrewd move by MS offering a service in there to buy an AV app...

The rep left by Herbie, well I am not sure it can be removed I am afraid. He is still on these boards at the moment, so I am sure it will take another hit soon enough.

In Vista, goto your control panel, open security centre, click 'change the way security centre alerts me' then choose 'Don't notify me and don't display icon'. :)

Back