Cheapest possible 3pm EPL setup

EPL TV List

Looking at the link in the other EPL thread is Viasat Sport 4.8e my best bet with a CS ??

www.viasat.se said:
With a subscription to Viasat containing sports and HD channels, you will be able to see all 380 matches live via our sports and extra channels Viasat.se (translated to English)

Will I be able to pick that up in Central Liverpool ??

What size dish would I be looking at ??

Will a DM500s still decode the HD channels although they will show in SD or can they not handle the HD stream at all ?? (Is this a stupid question ?? haha)

Sorry for all the questions I know i'm probably doing peoples heads in already !!!

Really do appriciate the help though as I know you guys are probably sick of handholding people who are looking to jump into this without doing any research themselves with whats going on in the cable world these days

Last edited:
take a look at the spiderbox 5000sd which has tring on the 12 month gift and is going to be addidg tv2 nor aswell. you could get the spiderbox with a 85cm motorised dish for around £200. regards mdt

The darkbox isn't in the same comparison league due to its limitations and age, its not really a good recommendation tbh. Development & support has ended due to its replacement -the Spiderbox, but it also is not suited for cardservers if that option was required. I wouldnt consider buying old unsupported equipment.

Think i've pretty much decided on a DM500s clone, cheap and cheerful and I already know my way around them from my cable days and has the CS functionality which is the route i'm more than likely going to go down. Think I just need to decide on a dish now, again with the price in mind I come accross:

this on ebay when checking for second hand ones, is this gonna be a piece of crap or will this be ok for what I need ??

or seen this which seems to include everything I need in one package.

Actually think I may of changed my mind on the box as I think some of the games will be broadcast on the HD channels only which he is not going to get, there are so many variables as soon as I think everything is coming together another spanner gets thrown in the works lol all part of the learning curve though I suppose :)

Actually think I may of changed my mind on the box as I think some of the games will be broadcast on the HD channels only which he is not going to get, there are so many variables as soon as I think everything is coming together another spanner gets thrown in the works lol all part of the learning curve though I suppose :)

m8 u want the eagle 1000s it is a solid box,
it will do everything u need, and look at the reviews on the eagle boxes, not many bad results around,

my m8, who is about 65 years of age, can use it, and is very happy with it, when i shown him how to use it, he hasnt after touch anything at all

EPL TV List

Looking at the link in the other EPL thread is Viasat Sport 4.8e my best bet with a CS ??

Will I be able to pick that up in Central Liverpool ??

What size dish would I be looking at ??

Satellites | DishPointer.com

outside footprint for sirius 4.8e

m8 i live in manchester and can pick it up with a 85cm dish m8,
as for viasat the best bet, well there is a few that are showing epl games, tring on 16e is one, and sly italy 19e is another and loads more m8, but yeh that channel should have plenty on, as for cs, well, there is plenty around m8, google is your friend

isnt Viasat, VIDEOCRYPT which is the same encryption that sky use? This sort of card sharing is very hit and miss without an expensive premium server / low level of users over good connection.

Just something to think about when being pushed down towards a cardsharing setup.

Anyone in the north east of England receiving 4.8e on a 80cm dish? I fancy getting my 80cm motorisex setpu back up since ive moved house but isnt much choice on 3pm matches for a Newcastle fan other than Abu Dhabi and Viasat and I cant see any information or recommended dish siezes for either

Last edited:
DM518s with Tring Plus card inc del £305

qwx5rb.gif

Satfool Deals - DM518S + Tring Card Plus 12 Months ( Free Delivery)

I have posted link as others have posted to other sites as well.
I hope I have not broken any rules here.

Last edited:
Your best bet is getting a motorised setup, a dm500s, and to be honest, get a pay server, one which does say, sly italia. £15 per month, job done.

Your best bet is getting a motorised setup, a dm500s, and to be honest, get a pay server, one which does say, sly italia. £15 per month, job done.

I agree...that is probably the cheapest solution by far...Not that I think payservers are a good idea...but if the criteria is cheapest...then they fit the bill..

- Clone DM500s = 50 - 65 quid..depending on supplier
- 12 months pay server @ 15 quid a month = £180

Total for 12 months even if you pay 65 for a clone Dm500s = £245...

Just got to add the cost of the Dish, motor, bracket and cable....

Or a cheap legit card that works 100%
Tring plus £289
Diema Bulsat £200

The only problem with this though mate is that IF Tring suddenyl stopped showing the 3pm's, he would be left with a card that's no good to man nor best!

At least with a payserver (as much as I hate them) you have the option of changing to a different server should you wish!

Tring have the football until least next season so its worth while thinking about a legit card and not relying on a pay server. nothing worse when match is on and server goes down

Been talking about this with a few of my mates and family who are now interested aswell, thinking about getting a legit tring plus card between us and sharing that and my #removed# between us instead but still nothing set in stone got a couple of weeks yet anyway seen as though we are on SlySports for the first 2 games of the season :)

Got a couple of dm518's on the way to have a play with and building a debian server as we speak to see if I can get that up and running with Cccam if my mate comes through with a couple of smargo readers for me.

As someone said in another thread, its a steep learning curve but love getting stuck into a new project :)

Last edited by a moderator:
These pics are the current sly install (dont look at the state of the house thats another project lol) any advice on the dish install ?? Can that dish be swapped out for a 1m one using the existing pole ?? it seems far more robust than the normal installs i've seen although i'm not sure if there is enough room between the pole and the side of the house with a bigger dish or if its strong enough to hold the weight.

The dish had to be put on the back because there is a massive tree which pretty much blocks the whole of the front of the house.

I've got a mate who used to work for Sly who i'm hoping is gonna help me out and give me some advice on this over the weekend but i'm too impatient so thought i'd post on here for any thoughts ??

Last edited:
Back