Cheapest possible 3pm EPL setup

pwillo1982

DW Member +
Reaction score
Looking for a bit of advice, I know there is a lot of these threads on here but nothing really what i'm looking for when reading through previous ones.....

My Dad has had to give up his season ticket recently due to poor health and after 50 odd years of not missing a Liverpool game it has come as a bit of a blow, looking to get him a setup for as little as possible (as i'm gonna be the one paying !!!). He wont be interested in any bells and whistles some of the boxes around can do and he cant tell the difference between SD and HD on his virgin package he has got at the moment so i'm thinking an SD box will be more than enough and will keep the price down.

Any idea's/advice on what to get and what will be cheapest ?

Will be able to get the majority of the LFC games with a decent CS ?

It will be solely used for the 3pm football any advice on what/where to get it from with regards to CS ?

Last edited:
Looking for a bit of advice, I know there is a lot of these threads on here but nothing really what i'm looking for when reading through previous ones.....

My Dad has had to give up his season ticket recently due to poor health and after 50 odd years of not missing a Liverpool game it has come as a bit of a blow, looking to get him a setup for as little as possible (as i'm gonna be the one paying !!!). He wont be interested in any bells and whistles some of the boxes around can do and he cant tell the difference between SD and HD on his virgin package he has got at the moment so i'm thinking an SD box will be more than enough and will keep the price down.

Any idea's/advice on what to get and what will be cheapest ?

Will be able to get the majority of the LFC games with a decent CS ?

It will be solely used for the 3pm football any advice on what/where to get it from with regards to CS ?

get a eagle box m8, and a single lnb a tnk bracket, a darkmotor, and a tring plus card, that is by far the cheapest way m8,

have a look here m8, very good sat shop m8,

Satfool Deals

cheapest way is probably a Dm500 clone at 50 -60 quid (the eagle box is a dm500 clone in a different case dont pay extra for it).

Motorised dish and either your own Tring card as mentioned, or a decent pay server that shows the games.

cheapest way is probably a Dm500 clone at 50 -60 quid (the eagle box is a dm500 clone in a different case dont pay extra for it).

Motorised dish and either your own Tring card as mentioned, or a decent pay server that shows the games.

dm500 clone, m8, do u know what you are on about ?

the eagle is a clone, yes, but i have a dm500 clone and a eagle box, and
the eagle is still working, and the dm500 clone isnt, the eagle i could throw at the wall and it would still work, the dm500 if i did that it would break, the new eagle 1000s has a top tuner in this, and is a very rock solid box, and price wise it is only 64 pound, for a solid box, and pay servers, shouldnt exist, they are like leeches, sucking peoples blood, m8 dont touch payservers, stay away, and if u go down that route, then do your own server, it is then free

LOL..what a load of utter rubbish...

- there is no difference between a clone Dm500 and Eagle box apart from the eagle software which is crap anyway......it's the same hardware in a different case...made in the same factories as the rest of the DM500 clones...the tuners are no better or worse than any other clone Dm500..

- The 1000s has a top tuner ? Whats different about it, open one up and compare the tuner part numbers with a clone 500 made in the same factory...compare the boards while your at it...

I dont like commercial pay servers, but the thing is its still advice that will suit the majority of people. It is the cheapest way to get every epl game, if you dont consider the spiderbox with its gift. A stable commercial server for £12~£18 per month will have every epl game and that is why they are so popular.
Love 'em or hate 'em we have to give people the knowledge they seek on a forum :)

LOL..what a load of utter rubbish...

- there is no difference between a clone Dm500 and Eagle box apart from the eagle software which is crap anyway......it's the same hardware in a different case...made in the same factories as the rest of the DM500 clones...the tuners are no better or worse than any other clone Dm500..

- The 1000s has a top tuner ? Whats different about it, open one up and compare the tuner part numbers with a clone 500 made in the same factory...compare the boards while your at it...

the tuner is more sensative, than my old silver eagle box, and my old dm500 clone,

and i dont use eagle images, true they are shit there own images, i use pli, which in my mind are the best at images, altogether, dont u think m8, and with there image on the new eagle box they work 100 percent

i had a Eagle and a clone dm500s and the Eagle was more stable. Saying they all come out of the same factory also isnt true as there is a few different sites making these.

If your going down the legit route i'd probably stay away from dreamboxes as there quite buggy if im honest!

Technomate would proabably be better suited for your dad.

dreambox does offer card sharing though which is a bonus

Is he gonna get all the games from a single sat ie fixed dish (thinking of the price again) or will I need to get a motorised setup ??

Also would prefer english commentry if possible

I know i'm not asking for much am I......haha

Last edited:
Is he gonna get all the games from a single sat ie fixed dish (thinking of the price again) or will I need to get a motorised setup ??

Also would prefer english commentry if possible

I know i'm not asking for much am I......haha

i would go motorised m8, then there is alot more to choose from, and futureproof, and i would go to looking into cs for him, you set it all up, and then everything should be sweet, look around for free clines and of you go m8, happy days

i would go motorised m8, then there is alot more to choose from, and futureproof, and i would go to looking into cs for him, you set it all up, and then everything should be sweet, look around for free clines and of you go m8, happy days

Yer I will defo be setting it all up for him so its as "old man" proof as possible haha as I say this will litterally be used for the football and would probably go as far as only having the sports channels and nothing else in the bouquet so he cant get confused.

I know the obvious benefits of the motorised setup and the potential that he would be missing out on but for what he wants i'm thinking it would be overkill and additional cost.

Am I right in thinking he would get everything he needs on TringTV as someone mentioned before ??

Could I just have a fixed dish pointed at that sat (is it 16e from a quick google ??) then either buy a legit card or find a CS server that includes this package ??

As you can probably tell this is gonna be the first time I have actually looked into this so feel like a bit of a newb but gotta start somewhere I suppose, I might be need a bit of support when it comes to setting it all up too lol

wit liverpool being a big club i'd imagine any 3pm game they play would be shown live. Then the sky games would also be on though im not sure if they carry english audio?

i dont think tring carry english audio, as for all the liverpool games, it would be hit and miss, if i was u i would set it up, go the cs route, and get some clines of people, then u would def have the liverpool game, better being safe than sorry, your old man will be gutted if he sits there waiting for the game to start and it isnt even on the card you buy ?

so wise choice cs sharing m8

Google Translate

I was looking at this link on the Tring site thinking that these were the games that they are showing but from the looks of it this is just a fixture list bit misleading if you ask me !!!

Eurobird 16A (16.0E) - 10758.00 V - Txp: 112 - Beam: EB16 Europe
SuperSport 1/2/3/4/5 (Albania) all in english:drink:

have u thought about a streaming service like liveonlinefooty.com?
cheapest @ £3 a month
why not give it a try and see

Eurobird 16A (16.0E) - 10758.00 V - Txp: 112 - Beam: EB16 Europe
SuperSport 1/2/3/4/5 (Albania) all in english:drink:

My good friend Mr Google tells me that these are the Digitalb channels that lost the EPL rights to Tring this year if i'm not mistaken ??

Back