cheapest finace rate ?

Taff

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend or know of any great rates available at the moment ?

I have had my contract for my new job and they have offered me a new Mondeo 1.8 LX basic... or £368 gross instead..

I think I can get another £2k per year so I am considering taking the cash and financing a new car which I will own at the end of the contract..

I understand I will be responsible for insurance, tax and tyres together with servicing but I would anyway if I stayed in my current job....

Looked at a new Vectra £20k, with a 2k deposit remaining balance worked out at dealers finance companies rates at £441 per month and im sure I can get a better rate elsewhere.

Regards

Taff

dont forget u will be able to claim back from the tax man for using your own car for work (that is if you do any miles for work, doesn't include driving to and from work) even though they are giving you the money to buy it.

its (40p x 10,000 miles + 25p for anything over - fuel company pays for)

form is a p87

Thanks for the links to credit offers guys, Hatab I like the way you think.....

How does the tax for company usage work ?

Think buying my own car rather than taking the companies offered car is a definate maybe

Regards

Taff

tax for a company car is now based on the emission levels, you go get a right hammering now especially if what you choose is a bit high on levels

http://www.theaa.com/allaboutcars/companycartax/cartax_input.jsp?page=cartax

its a tricky decision to make have the dosh and get what you want but you have the possible hassle when and if anything goes wrong.

or have the company car, its just a tool then like anything else if it goes wrong then the company provides another.

ive had company cars for 26 years and 18 months ago went to the dosh system, so far so good, ive got the car i want to drive and im not out of pocket.

i have a spreadsheet of money in from company and tax man against costs.

let us know how you get on

just noticed aa giving loans 7.7% apr upto £25000

Last edited:
Back