Inactive User
Reaction score
www.news.astraweb.com/specials/kleverig-11.html

Unlimited DSL - US$ 11 every month
No Speed Limits
No Download Limits
140 Days Retention
20 Connections
You will pay $11 for every month as long as your subcription remains active.

* This is a SPECIAL offer. Available for a Limited time only.

Whats that in pounds i use Ngroups now and thats about £8.50 but the service is great

turbonews was only £6 a month but sometimes your download speed was slashed in half

it not bad

11 U.S. dollars = 5.62976611 British pounds

have heard good things about news groups even tried to join one but being as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike with comp, can some tell me how these groups work and how to join a good one
thanks

have heard good things about news groups even tried to join one but being as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike with comp, can some tell me how these groups work and how to join a good one
thanks

take your pick from lots of news groups the cheapest ones are in the post above to be honest if you havent used newsgroups before theres no need to start now

rapidshare has everything on there and its less complicated so have a browse at rapidshare as its taking over all the p2p and groups

also the files on newsgroups only last 100 days which is not the case with rapid and megaupload

www.news.astraweb.com/specials/kleverig-11.html

Unlimited DSL - US$ 11 every month
No Speed Limits
No Download Limits
140 Days Retention
20 Connections
You will pay $11 for every month as long as your subcription remains active.

* This is a SPECIAL offer. Available for a Limited time only.

Thats quite a good deal its a shame i just renewed with ngroups for 3months.
Ohwell.

also the files on newsgroups only last 100 days which is not the case with rapid and megaupload

Sorry mate but I think you'll find that statement is wrong.
It may be 100 days on the one Paul-K is suggesting but Giganews has been at 200 days since July 07 and is upgrading to 240 days by September this year.

The retention is what you pay for and the cheaper the provider,the lower the retention.

I currently get:

Monthly Bandwidth Allowance - Unlimited
Simultaneous Connections - 10
200 Days Binary Retention (increasing to 240)
1873 Days Text Newsgroup Retention
99%+ Completion Rate
107,000 Uncensored Newsgroups
Broadband Download Speeds
Free Headers
Unlimited Uploads
Usenet Spam Filtering
24Hr Member Support
Discounts on Newsreader Clients

And pay £12 month.

Last edited:
Giganews.

They are widely recognised as one of the best newsgroup providers.

suppose you get what you pay for id still go for rapidshare if i was a newbie to newsgroups as it did take me a couple of days to get to grips with the software and updating my groups etc

I do preffer newsgroups to rapid share but thats cos im used to them but for newbies rapid has to be the easier option

I used Astraweb for many years and they were always very good with speeds that max'd out my ADSL line (15mbps). I upgraded to Giganews a year ago as it had much longer retention and SSL transfers and haven't looked back since!

firelizzard---------- thanks for that have used that and found it easy enough to use, will stick to that :proud:

firelizzard---------- thanks for that have used that and found it easy enough to use, will stick to that :proud:

firelizzard huh lol thats a new one no probs to be honest why start with newsgroups if rapidshare is one click job i think i might sack my newzgroup my self

finding a good rapidshare search engine is the problem i have a few but there shite compared to newzbin

maybe someone can post a good rapid search engine that we would all benifit from :proud:

Newsgroups are actually very easy,
if you use something like newsleecher all you have
to do is double click on your NZB file and it'll
download, repair and extract your file for you
theres nothing to it and you always get your
full speed and if you get stuck theres plenty
of help available on this forum

i use powerusenet

basically giganews

but europe servers

i pay 15$ a month and get 105 days rentention, 6 connections

unlimited download

maximumUSENET 8 connections 110 day retention, 25gig amonth.

3.85 pounds may wee.

Back