Channels Missing 28.2E Sky

Re: Channels missing/IPTV/CableTV/Boxing/Anything else apart from Satellite

is it NO SIGNAL or SCRAMBLED ? as there might be a mix up with what's going on with sky's new encryption or what might be a completely different satellite issue [or it's both]

Hi cappuccino99 thank you for your response, it's highly appreciated.

It says NO SIGNAL - I was watching CNN last Thursday and suddenly it just said NO SIGNAL, then I changed to BBC News. The next day I tried to watch BBC News and it also said NO SIGNAL.

I tried to pick 4 satellites and then did a channel search and it came out with NO PROGRAMS FOUND. It is just super wierd for something to just die like that.

Hi maybe the tuner died mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone having issues with CNN afaik it is FTA

anyone having issues with CNN afaik it is FTA
It's moved over to.....
12051 V 27500

11112 H 22000 is the old transponder.

edit:
also looks like "CNN HD" has been removed.
But CNN SD clear.
Although it is FTA channel.
It has nothing to do recent encryption.

Last edited:

Hi cappuccino99 thank you for your response, it's highly appreciated.

It says NO SIGNAL - I was watching CNN last Thursday and suddenly it just said NO SIGNAL, then I changed to BBC News. The next day I tried to watch BBC News and it also said NO SIGNAL.

I tried to pick 4 satellites and then did a channel search and it came out with NO PROGRAMS FOUND. It is just super wierd for something to just die like that.

the best thing to do is start another thread, as it sounds like you have a fault & this thread is specifically regarding channels missing on 28e & I'm sure you'll get all the advice you need then

redo sat feeds on f connectors:Cheers:

Is this still most up to date list @joe516 ? :)

Channels Off 18/05/17

12.188 (V)
Real Lives
MUTV
Fox News
Nat Geo
Nat Geo +1
Nat Geo Wild
History
History +1
H2
Crime+Investigation
At the Races

11,836 (H)
Viceland
Real Lives +1
Lifetime +1
LFC
GINXeSports TV
Crime Investation +1
TV3 +1
3e
Zee Cinema

11,934 (V)
Sky Premier
Sky Premier +1
Sky Greats
Sky Disney
Sky Family
Sky Comedy
Sky Thriller
Sky Drama Romance
Sky ScFI/Horror
Sky Select

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this still most up to date list @joe516 ? :)

Astra 2F 12148 H 27500

Sky Atlantic
Sky Living +1
TCM
Sky sports 4
Sky sports news HQ
Eurosport 1
Eurosport 2

Frequency 11914 H 27500 5/6

Sky Sports 5 UK
Sky Atlantic UK +1
Sky Sports 3 Ireland
Sky Sports 4 Ireland
Adult XXX Mums
Sky 2 Ireland
XXX Brits
Disney XD UK
Disney Channel UK
Disney Junior UK
Disney XD UK +1
Disney Channel UK +1
Disney Junior UK +1

Frequency 12207 V 27500 5/6

Sky Sports 5 Ireland
Sky Sports News HQ in Pubs
Sky 1 Ireland
XXX Real Wives
Sky Sports 2 UK
Sky 2 UK
Sky Living UK
Lifetime UK
Chelsea TV

12110 H 27500

Sky Sports F1
Sky One +1
Sky Sports 2 Ireland
Sky Sports 3
Sky Sports 1
Sky One
TV3 Ireland
Fox UK
Cartoonito
Sky Arts 1
Sky Matt Damon
Sky Living
Comedy Central UK

12266 H 27500

RTE One
RTE Two
TG4
RTE News Now
RTE JR
Oireachtas TV
RTE One +1
Sky Sports Mix
Nickleodeon Europe
Nickleodeon +1
Nick Toons
Nick Junior
Baby TV
Sky Living +1

12188 H 27500

Be3
History
Fox News
Crime & Investigation
At the Races UK
National Geographic
National Geographic +1
National Geo Wild
MUTV
History +1
H2
Sky Real Lives

11836 H 27500

3E
LFCTV
Viceland
Ginx Sports
Zing
Zee Cinema
Lifetime +1
C&I +1
Sky Real Lives +1
TV3+1 Ireland

11934 V 27500

Sky Action
Sky Comedy
Sky Sc-Fi/Horror
Sky Select
Sky Disney
Sky Family
Sky Premier
Sky Premier +1
Sky Thriller
Sky Drama
Sky Modern Greats

Last edited by a moderator:
I changed ABM to sky UK FTA only not worth having full sky on there anymore just hope they don't change the FTA channels as well

FTA should remain as it is, but as it used for freesat too. Makes sense to change settings but may cause issue if your using channel swap with dsayers custom mix?

Did anyone confirm all this is because if change in encryption?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I see BT Sports and Racing UK still working i think UK GOLD also.

IS there a TP PROG around that has the working channels only by any chance.

Regards

Gaz

Re: Sky UK 28.2 East Latest Changes

Yes, set up is similar, depending on which cam you use. I use mgcamd 1.35a so for that you need to ftp two files to /usr/keys for it to work, namely mg_cfg and newcamd.list (which contains your line info).

If you're buying a tuner module then it depends on how often you'd want to use timeshift features or record one channel whilst watching another. Personally, I don't use those features so a single tuner was perfect for me.

why are you using such an old cam most of us would use mgcamd 1.38 on e2 boxes.
i like twin tuners as like recording.

Cheers,
My initial thoughts about the tuner situation was exactly that, single tuners = watch and no record or timeshift, twin tuner = watch and record or timeshift but I thought I read somewhere that cable tuners on a vu duo 2 were able to emulate 3 additional tuners each so single tuner meant watch 1 and record up to 3 others . Did I get that completely wrong ?

Cheers,
My initial thoughts about the tuner situation was exactly that, single tuners = watch and no record or timeshift, twin tuner = watch and record or timeshift but I thought I read somewhere that cable tuners on a vu duo 2 were able to emulate 3 additional tuners each so single tuner meant watch 1 and record up to 3 others . Did I get that completely wrong ?

I think you can have timeshift with a single tuner, and record, but not watch another whilst recording.

- - - Updated - - -

Bear in mind mate VM will implement encryption as Sly have done so you will lose the channels eventually. How soon that is will be anyones guess but I personally think they'll jump on this and get it sorted sooner rather.

Do you think Sly will clue Virjin up on what exactly they've done?

Personally I think VM are loving this move and won't be rushing to change anything on their end.

Think about all the new subscriptions they must be getting for broadband installs for people who now want a cable feed in their property.

They will milk it as much as possible and probably the reasons their retentions policy is crap at the moment.

Personally I think VM are loving this move and won't be rushing to change anything on their end.

Think about all the new subscriptions they must be getting for broadband installs for people who now want a cable feed in their property.

They will milk it as much as possible and probably the reasons their retentions policy is crap at the moment.

That's one way to think about it alright, but really if they even gave it six months anyone who was going to jump ship and take there BB will have done it by then and they'll be in a great position to lock everyone out and force them to sign up for TV considering accounts will already be open and the deals being offered to add TV to the package will be quite favourable..... So maybe there playing the long game........ MAYBE!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

That's one way to think about it alright, but really if they even gave it six months anyone who was going to jump ship and take there BB will have done it by then and they'll be in a great position to lock everyone out and force them to sign up for TV considering accounts will already be open and the deals being offered to add TV to the package will be quite favourable..... So maybe there playing the long game........ MAYBE!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Interesting take on it.. & the trouble is, if someone there reads it, you could inspire someone at virgin HQ .. I gave 8 months.

Back