Channels Missing 28.2E Sky

Re: Sky UK 28.2 East Latest Changes

I have a Vu Duo 2, anyone know if its possible to swap out twin satellite tuner for cable tuner on this box? I have cable broadband will this get me back all that has disappeared ? Thanks all
Actually, you can just leave the twin satellite tuner in place and add a twin cable tuner beside it.

Actually, you can just leave the twin satellite tuner in place and add a twin cable tuner beside it.
Thanks, can you confirm if it will work or am I just throwing good money after bad ?
Cheers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks, can you confirm if it will work or am I just throwing good money after bad ?
Cheers.

I don't have access to cable so I can't help you with that one I'm afraid. I've got 2 dual satellite tuners in my VU+ Duo 2 and personally I think I'm just going to invest in a 1.2m motorized dish and IPTV on the side for the footie.

well don't bite my head off but the rumour is the encryption was slightly changed on the 2 million white sly boxes which stops all the boxes.. I have asked as with the sunray solo 2 boxes they have pop out firmware chip can it be a case of just popping out the firmware chip and slotting in a new chip but as there not making these boxes no more its hard to find someone to adjust the chip with the slightly different encryption

Think the xtream editor plugin can be linked to TV guide, but haven't tested it yet.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

That's a good start. Will I, with having cable broadband from virmin be in a position to retrieve all my missing channels (or most) with a new tuner and my existing BB signal?
Thanks for your knowledge!

Bear in mind mate VM will implement encryption as Sly have done so you will lose the channels eventually. How soon that is will be anyones guess but I personally think they'll jump on this and get it sorted sooner rather.

Personally, I think eventually it will happen but can't see that happening soon. Cable, so far at least, have always been so many steps behind $ly.

Cheers.

As long as you have a live VM feed into the property, which is best and easiest achieved by having their broadband then yes, it will work. Don't forget though you'll also need a male F to female RF adapter as well

Zgemma for sale. Can be used as an eighties style digital clock :)

When I seen the writing was on the wall I punted my single tuner H.S on fleaby, got £40 for it
never had the heart to tell the buyer the baw was burst. :Laugh:

motorised dish opens a new world 28e has held back the masses from exploring the world pmsl

As long as you have a live VM feed into the property, which is best and easiest achieved by having their broadband then yes, it will work. Don't forget though you'll also need a male F to female RF adapter as well
Cheers pal, I assume setup is fairly similar to Sat system ie... Ftp the .cfg file to etc folder ? (can't believe that actually makes sense to me now [emoji12])

Also are there any advantages to having a twin tuner over a single? Looks like I'll be charged €95 for the twin and €75 for the single, trying to keep the spending to a minimum just incase the worst happens.

Sounds like a cheap ZGemma might be a good upgrade for my spiderbox and 1m dish.

I'm trying to fix boxnation HD on openboxes.
There was movement on it in the last few days.

Is.....
11686 V 22000 down?

not clearing here but boxnation SD is ok on...
11345 H 27500

im not getting ECM readings on boxnation HD.

I'm trying to fix boxnation HD on openboxes.
There was movement on it in the last few days.

Is.....
11686 V 22000 down?

not clearing here but boxnation SD is ok on...
11345 H 27500

im not getting ECM readings on boxnation HD.
Got a magic wand have you river,Get the odd movement in the old trousers now and again to,Its on satellite now for the big usa boxing

Back