"Channel not available" - Intermittent

Jonzy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Using gavs lastest image on a nokia dbox.

I knowthe channels are working because sometimes I get them. If i switch down a channel and then go back to the supposdly unavailable channel ill get it. Its very itermittent and very annoying.

Any solutions?

Cheers

Sounds like a weak signal to me because a dBox requires a stronger signal than a normal Pace or Samsung box, could be wrong though.

I checked the signal levels through stream info and they seemed to be 'normal'

I had the same issue with Gav's image. A channel up/down usually sorted it but it was annoying. It probably is something to do with my setup or a relatively weak signal but i just reverted to sporster image that worked well for me.

well i never had this problem with it until one day i reflashed it using ftp andit started happening

then i used ifa and the prob went away strange i know but thats what happened

cheers

gav12345 said:
well i never had this problem with it until one day i reflashed it using ftp andit started happening
then i used ifa and the prob went away strange i know but thats what happened
cheers

Interesting as i always use FTP for flashing.

I flashed it using ftp. I tried the orginal sportster image that came with the box but got no audio/picture, maybe related to yesterdays problems?

Ill try gavs image with IFA tonight and see if the problem persists. :Cheers:

I had the same problem with 2 boxes, one wouldn't work at all, both now work perfectly.

Try changing these settings

press dbox...settings...misc...enable enx watchdog on... also hardware sections off...back... red to save settings back to tv

now

blue...blue...yellow...3...green...blue
then back to title hardware settings then yellow...red asks to restart press yes/ja

check it out after restart

Also remove the modem fron the box, 1 screw and a connector to remove.

If this does not work try changing to a different u code, the one higlighted on the list is the one in use.

To do this i think it's: BLUE > Sportster > System Menu > Hardware Settings > Ucode Selection.

HTH

Andrew

Back