channel 5 pure ntl

JimmyP

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
tried the sportster pro and gav's image but cant seem to pick it up any ideas

jimmyp said:
tried the sportster pro and gav's image but cant seem to pick it up any ideas

did you try it with the option of the other sectionsd houdini's as it will pick it up m8 did mine as i took all the channels but 1 of and found the lot without a scan

lol

gav u will have to break this down for me mate lol i did a dbox ages ago cant remeber much about it lol step by step if you could please

Hi mate,

have you tried looking for a services file for your area to find the frequency. What Gav is saying about houdinis sectionsd is it scans for missing channels while you are watching the box and when you next reboot it will place them in the services file for you. If you are using th pro I uploaded have a look at the zip file that came with it for instructions.

de_deej

de_deej said:
Hi mate,

have you tried looking for a services file for your area to find the frequency. What Gav is saying about houdinis sectionsd is it scans for missing channels while you are watching the box and when you next reboot it will place them in the services file for you. If you are using th pro I uploaded have a look at the zip file that came with it for instructions.

de_deej[/QUOTE

Hi de_deej

i downloaded the new 1x version and added my old services+ bouqet after i couldnt get my edited bouqet to work? i followed these instructions and copied the Houdini over

To change the default sectionsd,
please rename the desired start file to:
"start.local"
Then ftp it to: /var/etc/init.d
and overite the existing file.
Then reboot the box and done.

when i reboot with my edited bouqet i get no channels found?

when i ftp my old services+ bouqet i just the original in that bouqet channels without any new one's that were missing ie more4 itv4.

Any ideas on what i maybe doing wrong m8.

Thanks bigga

de_deej said:
Hi mate,

de_deej

looks like i will have to pester you on msn soon mate lol give me a logger and an unlooper any day of the week lol

bigga said:
de_deej said:
Hi mate,

de_deej[/QUOTE

Hi de_deej

i downloaded the new 1x version and added my old services+ bouqet after i couldnt get my edited bouqet to work? i followed these instructions and copied the Houdini over

To change the default sectionsd,
please rename the desired start file to:
"start.local"
Then ftp it to: /var/etc/init.d
and overite the existing file.
Then reboot the box and done.

when i reboot with my edited bouqet i get no channels found?

when i ftp my old services+ bouqet i just the original in that bouqet channels without any new one's that were missing ie more4 itv4.

Any ideas on what i maybe doing wrong m8.

Thanks bigga

It sounds like the bouqet is corrupt, ftp the old services over and leave the box on for a while (running Houdinis Sectionsd) then reboot the box and the missing channels will be there. Just scroll down from 1 and you will find them.

de_deej

jimmyp said:
looks like i will have to pester you on msn soon mate lol give me a logger and an unlooper any day of the week lol

Honestly its easy mate lol...

What area are you in ??

de_deej

de_deej said:
bigga said:
It sounds like the bouqet is corrupt, ftp the old services over and leave the box on for a while (running Houdinis Sectionsd) then reboot the box and the missing channels will be there. Just scroll down from 1 and you will find them.

de_deej

Just one last question m8

do you need to select Houdinis Sectionsd from a menu or something

or is it once you ftp it over it automaticly runs for you without the need for you to do anything.

is there a way too check if its actually running?

Thanks

jimmyp said:
south wales area

Try this:

<transponder id="000e" onid="0031" frequency="563000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6887000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3">

<channel service_id="0580" name="five" service_type="01" />

Just copy the channel service id line above and add it to the appropriate transponder in your services file, if the transponder isn't there add that aswell. I think this is for cardiff but it might work.

de_deej

de_deej said:
Try this:

<transponder id="000e" onid="0031" frequency="563000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6887000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3">

<channel service_id="0580" name="five" service_type="01" />

Just copy the channel service id line above and add it to the appropriate transponder in your services file, if the transponder isn't there add that aswell. I think this is for cardiff but it might work.

de_deej

ok im in work at the mo de-deej can i get u on msn if im too thick to work it out?

Sorry mate I don't have it installed, I really hate it because it makes my system slow but I guess I should set it up. But I will be around here so if you have any probs let me know.

de_deej

If you want you can send me your services file and I will update it for you.

de_deej

de_deej said:
If you want you can send me your services file and I will update it for you.

de_deej

thanks mate i will do that if you dont mind please

jimmyp said:
thanks mate i will do that if you dont mind please

Hi mate,

I sent you a pm with my e-mail addy a while ago let me know if you still want me to have a go.

de_deej

de_deej said:
Hi mate,

I sent you a pm with my e-mail addy a while ago let me know if you still want me to have a go.

de_deej

as soon as i get my file from my box i will send it to ya mate

No probs mate, I've still got the cardiff services file so it should only take a matter of minutes.

de_deej

Back