changing the Mac address on sb5101e

adil

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi

how you all doing i have purchasea sb5101e with the firmware on it . i was told to " in your web browser type http://192.168.100.1:1337/ and you will see where to change mac, enter detail then click change then turn power of to modem for 10secs then switch it back on, if mac works for your area modem should come on line." i tried that using an ethernet cable it said page can not be displayed. when i tpye 192.168.100.1 in to the browser it ask for a user name and pass word when i have done that i can only seed loads of code.

would i need to install some more software on my pc like micrsoft net framework to change the mac address.

thanks for helping me

hi

how you all doing i have purchasea sb5101e with the firmware on it . i was told to " in your web browser type http://192.168.100.1:1337/ and you will see where to change mac, enter detail then click change then turn power of to modem for 10secs then switch it back on, if mac works for your area modem should come on line." i tried that using an ethernet cable it said page can not be displayed. when i tpye 192.168.100.1 in to the browser it ask for a user name and pass word when i have done that i can only seed loads of code.

would i need to install some more software on my pc like micrsoft net framework to change the mac address.

thanks for helping me
does it have infinity firmware on it

downloaded the software and installed got a mac add y day from my brother house but it dose not seem to change it

yes it connects i change the mac address than it says rebooting and thats it

downloaded the software and installed got a mac add y day from my brother house but it dose not seem to change it

how close does your bother life m8 it might be to close and the mac might not work

yes it connects i change the mac address than it says rebooting and thats it

sounds a bit rough but pull the plug out the back and put it back in again after its done the mac change, thats how i 'reboot' my 250

i went to ip chicken y day it said ipaddress.cable.ubr01.brad.blueyonder.co.uk
and mine is ipaddress.cable.ubr09.brad.blueyonder.co.uk

Last edited:
i went to ip chicken y day it said ipaddress.cable.ubr.01.brad.blueyonder.co.uk
and mine is ipaddress.cable.ubr09.brad.blueyonder.co.uk
did u put in tftp server ip address also when u change the mac

no i have not
u will need to add tftp server addy too if u have subbed modem already and not using a router u can right click on ur network card and go status then support then details and u will see dhcp server ip copy that ip into where it says tftp server address on the mac configurator

if you are on telewest then you shouldnt need to bother with tftp, it should pick it up itself, though it wont hurt to try....are you sure your not in an excable and wireless area ??check here http://www.dslzoneuk.net/ntl_region.php and is your frequency set correctly??.

ex cable: 586750000
ntl: 402750000
telewest: 331000000

put the config in as cm.bin un check force config and enter the tftp as 10.10.10.254

QUOTE=bladesftp;841979]put the config in as cm.bin un check force config and enter the tftp as 10.10.10.254[/QUOTE]

i have tried that but still having a problem connecting to the intenet it changes the mac address on the modem but then appears totally differnet

Last edited:
have tried that but still having a problem connecting to the intenet it changes the mac address on the modem but then appears totally differnet
are u in ex c&w or pure ntl did u select the right tuner and frequency for ur area on the mac configurator... upload a screen shot of ur of ur modem status pages edit out ur mac so we can see it

this is the thing i used to change the mac address show a screen shot

this is the thing i used to change the mac address show a screen shot
well u got telewest freq. 331.000 and annex 3 that should b not 3 if ur in telewest ur config file should be cm-10240-384 and tftp server ip i dont think is correct should be something like 80.24.30.116.12 not 10.10.10.254 how did u get ur tftp server

Back