changing the Mac address on sb5101e

my brother got the one that telewest gave him. the 1 i got is the one with the firm ware on it

my brother got the one that telewest gave him. the 1 i got is the one with the firm ware on it
does the 1 work u got with the firmware on works or is this the 1 ur trying to set up

im ont messing with the 1 from telewest i messing with 1 i purchasedwith the firm ware on it

The 3 you have in the 250 app. for the annex is ok for TW area ,, what you need to do is untick the force config , write settings and reboot, then goto the 192 pages and see if the modem locks on the d/s and u/s.

Regards

i have done that but dont know how to do this "then goto the 192 pages and see if the modem locks on the d/s and u/s"

this is that i see when i go and check ip

"tr bgcolor=#80FFFF><td colspan=4><b>Downstream Channel</b></td></tr>
<tr bgcolor=#CCCCCC><td><b>Lock Status</b></td><td>Not Locked</td><td><b>Modulation</b></td><td>unknown</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor=#CCCCCC><td><b>Channel ID</b></td><td>0</td><td><b>Symbol rate</b></td><td>Unknown</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor=#CCCCCC><td><b>Downstream Frequency</b></td><td>261000000 Hz</td><td><b>Downstream Power</b></td><td>-27.5 dBmV</td></tr>
<tr bgcolor=#CCCCCC><td><b>SNR</b></td><td>0.0 dB</td><td>&nbsp;</td><td>&nbsp;</td></tr>"

Last edited:
r u using the correct frequency 33100000 and the correct annex which is b

Back