Changing output on Zgemma with vix image

barry221

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi my box is all set up and working fine in my dads house ,I'm having a problem with HD cable when I boot the box up its not kicking in to hdmi,I put it on hdmi it boots up to the 1st openvix screen then cuts off,

I've ruled out box and cable as its working upstairs no problem and the old sky HD box works fine on the downstairs tv fine and kicks in no problem

I'm thinking with it being and older HD ready tv it might only be 720p or similar and I've set it up for 1080 I or p which might be causing the problem

Can anyone tell me how to change the output of the box to 720 etc to see if that works ??

menu
setup
system
av settings
mode

change the mode down to 720
then green button to save

Has happen to me with the Zgemma range and cloud ibox 3 one tv just would not accept a hdmi signal from it. Same tv would work with all other e2 boxes.

Maybe one thing to try is look at the spec of the HDMI inputs on that tv and match that spec with a cable of the same spec.

I never tried but it all i can think of.

Changed the mode to 720p and I don't get sky channels lol
Not sure why this is happening ,I've restarted the cam and still no ,joy ,switch back to 1080p it works through the scart and on the full hd upstairs but not hdmi due to it being an older tv

Think last resort will be to reflash and set it up for 720P from the start ,hopefully that works lol

you would need to find out the resolution of the TV that is not working with the HDMI output, Most older so called HD ready LCD/LED's had an output resolution of around 1366x768 pixels which would mean they would work with both 720p and 1080i but obviously would downscale the 1920x1080i image to match the pixel resolution.

If the TV has a very old resolution of just 1024x768 pixels then i am afraid it will not output even 720p never mind 1080i.

1080p on any satellite receiver is pointless as there are no 1080p (progressive) broadcasts so all your doing is asking the receiver to upscale an interlaced image to a progressive one and to be honest on most modern 1080p TV's the scaler in the TV is a 100 times better than something in a couple of hundred quid satellite receiver

Sky hd box worked no problem and with the mode set to 720p FTA hd channels work no problem on the ZGemma star s ,not sure why I'm not getting sky channels

If you mean $ky HD channels by other means then they dont work they are paired to an official receiver you will of course get BT Sports HD but any $ky HD channels are gone

If you mean $ky HD channels by other means then they dont work they are paired to an official receiver you will of course get BT Sports HD but any $ky HD channels are gone

I know mate ,just not getting any of there channels at all after changing mode ,if I change it back it works no problem in the other TVs or using the scart lol

Back