Changing HDD from NTFS to FAT32

faisalpandu

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello i currenlty have a fujitsu 2.5HDD which i would like to format to FAT32. It is currently on NTFS. I have got on the format option on the HDD but only shows the NTFS option. Is there any software about which allow me to change it from NTFS to FAT32.

Thanks

I am wanting to change the format of an external HDD not an internal HDD will above command change the external cos i done want to mess anything up on my pc

I am wanting to change the format of an external HDD not an internal HDD will above command change the external cos i done want to mess anything up on my pc

The above command is fine. If your external drive is E: for example then type the following in the command prompt.

format e: /fs:fat32

so is format, its a standard part of windows.

As oneman says, to format an external drive, just include the drive you want to us in the command.

all depends how big the drive is

my hdd is 75GB. The HDD is F***ked up now. I entered the command in command promt. It was convering for about and hpur and a half and now the HDD is unaccessible. The hdd comes up as local disk and when i cklick on it it syas G:/ is not accessible the parameter is incorrect

wat the f**k does that mean. wat do i do wats the solution.

an hour and half seems a little too long for such a small drive, Have you tried this in another machine at all? Did you disconnect it during the format?

Can i just thanks to meanie and mannlooney. The program you gave me worked straight away and only took abuou 5 seconds. Thank you very much i now have FAT32 HDD.

Back