Change micowave lamp

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys got a kenwood K30CSS13 micowave..how do I change the lamp?.its not inside so I'm assuming its inside ..see pic20191116_150131.jpg20191116_150056.jpg

Normally under the casing on the top of the microwave mate. Need to remove the complete shell. Haven't done one for years now though :)

Be very careful taking the casing off -- The Capacitors in a Microwave store a very high level of electricity ….

Normally bulbs are accessed from inside the 'Cavity' -- are you sure there isnt a little plate covering the bulb?

===== edit ===

Found this on another forum -- do it at your own risk!!

"""".so I took it to bits! And replacing the bulb is very straightforward. All you do is undo the five screws that hold the 3 side casing (top and sides) - two of the screws were torx type screws (now replaced). This reveals the inner workings and a lot of probably very dangerous innards which I kept well away from. The bulb was held in place by two bits of bent metal rather than screws, prising these open allowed the bulb holder to come free and then it's just a case of replacing it and reversing the procedure.

I've probably invalidated the guarantee by doing this (because I couldn't undo the torx type screws without damaging them). But, otherwise it would have been a 30 mile round trip to take it back.

It is simply unbelievable that there is no user-friendly way of replacing the bulb! ..."

Last edited:
I have a samsung microwave and inside there is a little plate that you can remove next to the where the bulb is located. See pic
243ECFF7-98C3-492C-9C00-0FCEA2D52339.jpeg

I have a samsung microwave and inside there is a little plate that you can remove next to the where the bulb is located. See pic
View attachment 126868
That isn't a plate designed for changing the bulb mate, it's the microwave guide cover which allows the microwaves through to cook the food. If these get dirty they can cause sparking inside the oven.

That isn't a plate designed for changing the bulb mate, it's the microwave guide cover which allows the microwaves through to cook the food. If these get dirty they can cause sparking inside the oven.

Elementary my dear @chookey I should’ve took it off first and had a look first before posting 😂😳

@albob..you are correct . Exactly what you said..straight forward really ..ordered bulb ..from amazon ..its a complete unit ,not just the bulb..see pic
20191116_153835.jpg

Back