1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win 10 Change login password

Discussion in 'Microsoft and Windows Support' started by GIO, Nov 28, 2016.

1. GIO

GIO Active Member

im looking for a password changer or unlocker for windows 10, can anyone help, trying to fix this lenovo i have, the person has forgot the password.

getting into the boot menus etc isnt a prob, problem is finding an app that workd windows 10.

downloaded and tried about 6 from torrent sites and online, either they dont work with win 10 or there trial pish

thanks
    gio

2. little_pob

little_pob Jnr admin Staff Member Jnr Admin

(I can't check these as I'm at work on a Win7 machine.)

Try booting into safe mode with command prompt and typing:
    Code:
    net user Administrator /active:yes
    When you boot normally you should have the Admin account available from the login screen. You'd then change the password from this elevated account. Strongly recommend deactivating the admin account once you are done too:
    Code:
    net user Administrator /active:no

3. GIO

GIO Active Member

thanks for this mate, but for some god knows reason, when i came in from work tonite the one with the password problem went straight in, was over the moon but glad.
    never got a chance to try your suggestion but ive kept a copy for the future.
    i dont know why i thought the OS was win 10 its only win 8.1
    i can only assume the last fix i tried worked and i shut the pc down when i went to bed.

the files i used was usb140201 which after googling is NTPasswd — Reset Windows Administrator Password
    i also think i got it from here,

thanks again
    gio

4. hatab

hatab VIP Member VIP Member Premium Member

5. GIO

GIO Active Member

infact ive just checked and it wasnt in the downloads,so i havent a clue where i got it, as i downed that much last nite

6. GIO

GIO Active Member

I think thats what i used as the usb stick says active boot

12.30 went to bed and had tried unlockers and god knows what else, so couldnt remember what i finished with, now i do, sure I got it from a torrent now.

was that, followed your link and remember the logo

7. GIO

GIO Active Member

8. Sito1

Sito1 New Member

change the administrator password is very easy in windows system. You need a usb or cd with installation software.

9. halimanh

halimanh New Member

Another handy tool is konboot. it allows you to login without password.

10. saheed

saheed New Member

you can try the live boot linux named ntpasswd, it lets you to change or remove passwords of the windows installation on your computer. you can write this distro to a flash drive with an open source program called unetbootin.

11. spud1966

spud1966 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

got into fixing loads of computers to repair in my local pc shop and my m8's using hirens boot cd win95 to 7

so how will UNetbootin allows you to create bootable Live USB drives for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions and reset windows 8 , 10 lol

12. saheed

saheed New Member

Please read my post word by word to understand how. A linux distro called "ntpasswd" is on the list that you can create a live usb with unetbootin.

An example usage is shown here: Reset Windows 8 or 7 Password with the Freeware NTPasswd | Password Recovery

If you still don't understand you can PM me, I can try to teach you with simpler instructions(With images etc.)