change key ?

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I want to change my transit key i lost one the other day and i am not sure if it was pinched or if i just lost it ?

How do i change they key ???

I heard its a chip ?

cheers all

there will be a chip in the key to act as an immobiliser if i am correct.

you can reprgram other keys to the same code too.

are you intending to replace the ignition barrel and all door locks?

keep them in case your old/lost key turns up

I want to change my transit key i lost one the other day and i am not sure if it was pinched or if i just lost it ?

How do i change they key ???

I heard its a chip ?

cheers all
what transit is it for yr

if it had the chip in u have to either have the master key which has a red top (plastic) then get a key made and u will have to get the chip programed by fords
if u dont have the master key it will workl out expansive the can make a key to fitt ur barrels but u would have to have the computer reprogramed to a new chip

what year is transit m8?

as here is a key programming guide from a 2.0D 2002-2006

what year is transit m8?
as here is a key programming guide from a 2.0D 2002-2006
that works for the remote control but not for the chip that has to be programmed

Its a 2004 model :)

I want to completely have a new key or code that works for the van so the old keys do not work anymore.

Cheers all

have you looked at your insurance details?

can you say you had keys stolen from jacket in pub or something and get insurance to fit new locks

New keys = reprogramm for the ECU probbley about 200-300 quid at the delear

have you looked at your insurance details?

can you say you had keys stolen from jacket in pub or something and get insurance to fit new locks

Not a gpod idea unless you have a plan worked out in the first place.

i.e. they will ask you to follow your tracks over the phone, where was the last time you had them, saw them, felt them etc, etc.

If it does not fall under thier insurance policy within your agreement then you have lost..!!

Strange but true.

u dont get ecu programmed its the central locking / imob module which either needs to be read and new key coded or new code and key

dont go direct to ford 4 coding as they will rip u

go for someone who specalises in imobs and keys u could save loads

ford quoted me £170 for new key and coded

a local guy did it for £60 inc new key

Back