Championship Promotion

joe516

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
what's you're predictions for championship winners and promotion?

WBA champione runners up place to Leeds

At the moment its still very open as you can see with the results yesterday. As a season ticket holder at leeds the last 5/6 games have been a nightmare. if leeds can kick off on a little run we could catch west brom. Thanks to barnsley yesterday for doing fulham over.

The Championship is littered with teams all on par with each other. I'd say West Brom then for me Brentford for the other auto spot.
Brentford sold but brought in 2 young goal scorers from Oxford. The problem with Leeds is a manager who expects players to run your sack off regardless whether your with or without the ball.
Players will gas out, everyone knows players need to take small breathers in the game and not the keep chasing lost causes.
Then theres the keeper on a reported 35k money not well spent.

Another Leeds Season ticket holder here.

While im hoping we take the second spot this bloody league is hard, bottom teams beating top team like Barnsley over Fulham yesterday. Our goal scoring of late is shocking considering the number of chances we create. Our keepers confidence is shot to pieces and he is costing us points. Im not counting mi chickens yet there's a lot of games left.

As for out player gasing out that did happen to an extent last season this season. However i think our players fitness has gone up a level again.

Fingers are crossed here.

Leeds have as good as chance as anyone. As I said, the Championship is of a poor standard.
To prove it a few weeks back Barnsley and Luton were dead and buried now 3 weeks later there both back in the mix.

Any other division Leeds's 3 wins in their last 13 would see the drop out the play offs.
If Leeds do go up, it wont be because their better than the rest it will be because the rest are just shitter

Leeds have as good as chance as anyone. As I said, the Championship is of a poor standard.
To prove it a few weeks back Barnsley and Luton were dead and buried now 3 weeks later there both back in the mix.

Any other division Leeds's 3 wins in their last 13 would see the drop out the play offs.
If Leeds do go up, it wont be because their better than the rest it will be because the rest are just shitter

You clearly dont watch Leeds play much.

The football we are playing is top notch, look at our possession stats, our forward play is fantastic and the number of chances created is ridiculous, converting those chances is where we faultier our number 9 Bamford is not a number 9 in my eyes. Had we got say Aleksandar Mitrović of Fulham up front we would of pissed the league. Other major problem is our keeper but you saying we are shit is taking the rip mate.

Go watch the first half of our FA cup game with Arsenal

Barn door Bamford is the problem although we should be getting more goals from Costa and Hernandez as well. Leeds create more chances per game than any other team, we just can’t finish to save our lives. I believe we have an easier end to the season than the rest but then again, we lose to Wigan at home despite dominating the game. We have had some shocking refereeing decisions this season too. Dodgy penalties against us and stonewall penalties not given. Play offs at worst for Leeds but hoping for top 2. Lots to happen yet and lots of teams still in it.

I'm not saying Leeds are sh"t I'm saying the Championship level this season as a whole is sh"te. If you can win 3 in 13 and be still 2nd it says a whole lot about the level of opposition.

I have seen Leeds a few times and it's all based on on a lot of effort working just as hard off the ball. As I said, that's great but asking every player to bomb round the pitch for 90 minutes = fatigue as the season goes on.

Granted, 1 or 2 are Leeds players are decent but when teams work just as hard as Leeds they struggle.

Sometimes clubs need that game changer, one or two players that stand out, that bit of quality to cross the line i.e Forest yesterday with Matty Cash.

Like I said, Leeds might go up I just dont know but I know one thing, they certainly won't have to win all their games due to the quality of teams in and around them in the Championship.

what's you're predictions for championship winners and promotion?

WBA champione runners up place to Leeds
[/QUOT

I take it that you have lost interest in the Premier Leagu then?

West Brom and Cardiff or Notts Forest if they sack the manager and employ big Sam

Back