challenge cup final

Jackel

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Well little old Warrington back in the final again, against the mighty Leeds Rhinos.
i think we will stuff them, come on strong in the second half.

come on the wire.

wire have looked very good this year.
I agree they'll over run them towards the end.

its on BBC HD this afternoon which is nice

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooon you wire

Should be a tough game but wire have looked strong in the back half of games this year and as already stated above think they might just have to much for leeds in the latter stages. Went last year and wembley way was just a sea of primroses and blue and ive just been into town and the place is bloody empty lmao. Seems the wires took most of the town to wembley.
Bring it home boys
Make mine a double :Clap:

Amazing, cant believe how easily the wire swept Leeds aside.
Leeds 6-30 Warrington
As bad as Leeds were I thought the wire was virtually unplayable today, is it me or is Lee Briers kicking game getting even better.... Im still stunned lol

BBC Sport - Rugby League - Leeds 6-30 Warrington

great performance from the wire, stopped leeds in their tracks

great performance from the wire (agree), stopped leeds in their tracks {disagree see below}

wrong........... leeds didnt show up and had lots of injured players,

good game and the best team on the day won it but it good have been a belter had leeds first showed up and second had a full team to field.

you cant stop a team in there tracks if there not on the tracks to start with.

good game and the best team on the day won it but it good have been a belter had leeds first showed up and second had a full team to field.

Excuses excuses excuses, first 10 mins it was all Leeds, and if they had scored early on then it probably would have been a different game. But then Warrington just picked up a gear and started to dominate, Warringtons defence was outstanding all game.

totally agree with Jackal, the wire defence stopped Leeds from playing and they didn't have any idea how to get through.
warrington had some inspired kicking at times

Just watched the game again (sober ;)) and it's still the wires defence that won the game. 3 leeds attempts held up over the line im sure it was Mathers every time. Plenty of big hit's and when a youve had 3-4 sets at an opponents line and been held out only for them to go up the other end and score then that really knocks the stuffing out. That's what happened in the opening 10-20 minutes and the wire then started to shift through gears. Leeds have been in good form of late moving up the super league table so good evidence of a team well and truly on the right tracks.
Just knew it was gonna be a good day when the star man Buderus drops the kick off lol

Just watched the game again (sober ;)) and it's still the wires defence that won the game. 3 leeds attempts held up over the line im sure it was Mathers every time. Plenty of big hit's and when a youve had 3-4 sets at an opponents line and been held out only for them to go up the other end and score then that really knocks the stuffing out. That's what happened in the opening 10-20 minutes and the wire then started to shift through gears. Leeds have been in good form of late moving up the super league table so good evidence of a team well and truly on the right tracks.
Just knew it was gonna be a good day when the star man Buderus drops the kick off lol

i watch em week in week out, i can safely say leeds didnt turn up, mathers played well (ex leeds man) and held up 3 attempts but if you watch leeds they have more than 3 attempts a game,

the leeds that showed up was missing players and was the leeds that started the season, they've been hit and miss all season this season they have not been the leeds of the past few years.

not taking anything away from your guys i already stated best team on the day won, im just a little disapointed it wasnt a better game for a final.

i watch em week in week out, i can safely say leeds didnt turn up, mathers played well (ex leeds man) and held up 3 attempts but if you watch leeds they have more than 3 attempts a game,

the leeds that showed up was missing players and was the leeds that started the season, they've been hit and miss all season this season they have not been the leeds of the past few years.

not taking anything away from your guys i already stated best team on the day won, im just a little disapointed it wasnt a better game for a final.

Says it all there i suppose but if leeds had turned up they would still have walked away with nothing. No Jamie Peacock is not an excuse ! Nor is the loss of Burgess ! Warrington just far to strong for probably anyone yesterday. The best team FULL STOP won and like you said Leeds arent the team they have been. Makes it very interesting now for the play-offs and the wire go in brimming with confidence. Should of signed that Ryan Atkins feller when yoos had the chance ;)
ps I thought it was a belting game ;-)

Warrington just far to strong for probably anyone yesterday.

The best team FULL STOP won and like you said

bit over the top your first comment, had leeds turned up you would have lost and not just us wigan, hull ect.... ect..... you looked good because we looked poor.

it wasnt a good game, the result was good for you but you cant hand on heart say it was a great game, wouldnt get in my top 20 finals even had we won.

second comment the best team didnt win, the best team on the day won.... "on the day" being important, your boys are not a patch on leeds team for team.

i wont take away your glory tho, your team won it fair on the day i dont deny that.

bit over the top your first comment, had leeds turned up you would have lost and not just us wigan, hull ect.... ect..... you looked good because we looked poor.

it wasnt a good game, the result was good for you but you cant hand on heart say it was a great game, wouldnt get in my top 20 finals even had we won.

second comment the best team didnt win, the best team on the day won.... "on the day" being important, your boys are not a patch on leeds team for team.

i wont take away your glory tho, your team won it fair on the day i dont deny that.

Sorry but well will have to agree to disagree Leeds did have a better squad of players than Warrington but that was then and this is now. Your league position 5 points behind says it all. Warrington going into the final as favourites also speaks volumes does it not ? Better pack than leeds ? yes
More creative going forward ? Certainly. Better defense ? lol just a bit. Im not saying Leeds is going to do a Leeds ;) and end up that bad but to be honest there just not that great anymore. Aside from your injuries there was a fair few players that that just got pushed out of the game. Sinfield ffs went backwards in evey tackle lol most overated super league player ever IMO

lmao your on a high so i'll put that utter tosh down to that, once you come down off that high maybe we'll talk but i'll let you have your glory for now...

we've lost one or two players from our squad not big players either, and added world class players. so how have we gone backwards lmao...

lets talk when you come down off that high, prob when you get beat in the play offs.

have your day by all means but please keep it real in the big picture... the wire better than leeds...... peeerrrrrleeeaseeeee.

lmao your on a high so i'll put that utter tosh down to that, once you come down off that high maybe we'll talk but i'll let you have your glory for now...

we've lost one or two players from our squad not big players either, and added world class players. so how have we gone backwards lmao...

lets talk when you come down off that high, prob when you get beat in the play offs.

have your day by all means but please keep it real in the big picture... the wire better than leeds...... peeerrrrrleeeaseeeee.

This year the wire have been better than leeds but hey dont let a daft thing like facts stand in the way of your opinion lmfao

Team P W D L F A PTS
1 Wigan 26 21 0 5 888 399 42
2 St Helens 26 19 0 7 906 517 38
3 Warrington 26 19 0 7 849 466 38
4 Leeds 26 16 1 9 707 547 33

lee-briers_1704993c.jpg

yet i already stated we had a on/off season???? a top 4 finish while playing crap - u had to play your hearts out to get there lol..... so your now better because we had a bad season?

come on i could list years worth of stuff to back my claim, they are also called "facts" but i wouldnt want them to get in the way of your facts for one season.

you had a result i gave you that and didnt dispute it but now your talking bollocks mate utter bollocks.

you can still have your win i wont take that away from you but f*ck me you give someone an inch they try take a mile.

i can never see a time where your lot are better than leeds. one season one result doesnt make you what you think you are.

come back with your twaddle when you win as much as leeds have in the last few years back to back.

until then im not even bothering wasting my breath anymore, i dont want to bring facts into it as you did as you'll look a bit daft and you know it.

end of.... until you do what we do better than we do, until then your still a cup team that had its result on the day, take the result and enjoy it but dont try to get one over as it just doesnt add up fact for fact.

time out..... see you in a few years as it'll take that long to do what we did.

yet i already stated we had a on/off season???? a top 4 finish while playing crap - u had to play your hearts out to get there lol..... so your now better because we had a bad season?

come on i could list years worth of stuff to back my claim, they are also called "facts" but i wouldnt want them to get in the way of your facts for one season.

you had a result i gave you that and didnt dispute it but now your talking bollocks mate utter bollocks.

you can still have your win i wont take that away from you but f*ck me you give someone an inch they try take a mile.

i can never see a time where your lot are better than leeds. one season one result doesnt make you what you think you are.

come back with your twaddle when you win as much as leeds have in the last few years back to back.

until then im not even bothering wasting my breath anymore, i dont want to bring facts into it as you did as you'll look a bit daft and you know it.

end of.... until you do what we do better than we do, until then your still a cup team that had its result on the day, take the result and enjoy it but dont try to get one over as it just doesnt add up fact for fact.

time out..... see you in a few years as it'll take that long to do what we did.

Hmm sounds like a bit like sour grapes or a little to much time spent on the old singing juice lmfao.
Have i not simply stated that warringtons been better than leeds this season ?
And this result you GAVE on the back of a list of excuses.. We had injuries...We just didnt turn up ... It was a poor game excuses excuses excuse -- you werent good enough simple
ps Hull might have something to say about that top four finish

Last edited:
i did show up for the final, shame leeds didnt bother. warrington were the better team on the day and hopefully we can face them again on the way to the grand final.

TEST
Back