Cft-2100

softscoop

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, I'm new here so I'm not exactly sure what i'm doing wrong.
I bought a 2100 from ebay as chipped, plugged it in, and all i can get are the free channels that i can view when i plug the wire directly into my tv anyway. I can see the scrambled channels, but the picture is obviously..scrambled
I've tried searching across loads of forums, and the only thing that I can think of is when I press F4, it comes up with -*E ? I've no idea what that means.
One thing I do know is that its not mapping the channels. Could the chip be broken? Although it does show 99 channels, and does start on channel 02.
the person I bought it off swears that it decoded all channels before sending it me, could it just be a case of forcing it to remap the channels?
BTW i have no idea what sort of chip it is. Could be a superchip as it is wired the same but im not sure.
heres a picture of the board and chip.
[DLMURL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/sbaker002/DSCN0042.jpg"]Picture[/DLMURL]
thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi nice to meet you
1st it would be a good idea to introduce yourself
2nd the best thing is to use the search and read up
Hope that helps

I've tried and all I can find are old guides which tell you how to program the chip etc.
is it possible to re-program the chip after its already been done, or will I need a new chip?

Also I can't find and info on the F4 -*E thing. Only thing i can find is that if it flashes f0 flashes then its good.

As for introducing myself - 18 from Lincs, currently working at the local paper..

Remove power
connect box to feed
plug power the box should go to standby then show 02.
Leave on 02 (overnight).
Check for channels in morning. If it is now working and you remove the power next time you plug in it will need to remap.

CBR918t said:
Remove power
connect box to feed
plug power the box should go to standby then show 02.
Leave on 02 (overnight).
Check for channels in morning. If it is now working and you remove the power next time you plug in it will need to remap.

Tried that..i left it on for two days straight...still nothing.

softscoop said:
is it possible to re-program the chip after its already been done, or will I need a new chip?

Cheers

No you will need to do a new one.

Search for tcinit on google.

Press the following key and digit on either the keypad or remote control unit

F 1= Dynamic Diagnostics
This mode permits the monitoring of the descrambler circuit, the FM receiver and the FM signal.

Digit 1 = State of descrambler
C = Clear channel
S = Scrambled channel
B = Barker channel
- = Disconnected

Digit 2 = State of FM Receiver

O = FM Data "OK"
E = FM Data "ERROR"

When i do F1 I get CE on every channel. If FM is error..what can I do?

hi check that the chip has pins 1,2,3,4 connected to 5v+ as pins 2 & 3 are control pins and need to be set high other wise the chip will not map if it is an older hex 2 ,3 etc . then to keep the channel map disconnect pin 4 from the 5v and reconnect it to pin 5 this will lock the channel map so that you dont have to remap every time the power goes off .hope this helps

well as far as i can see pins 1-4 are connected to 5V. if I remember correctly from GCSE electronics, pins 1-4 are the ones on the left hand side with the cutout at the top.. if thats correct?
heres a closeup of the chip.
[DLMURL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/sbaker002/chip.jpg"]CHIP PIC[/DLMURL]
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
that looks ok m8 but what chip is it 12c509????? ther are some old files in the d/loads on this and hex files for the 12c509 chip

looking at that pic pin 5 should be conected and you can put a reset between pin 4 & 8

Well its a bit difficult to read so I took some macro shots with my camera and as far as I can tell it says..12C509A if thats any help?

as far as i know m8 its best to use the 12c509 not the 12c509a as thay work better in a playstation look up on the link i sent it makes for some good reading

this is old school m8 just have a good read through the link a posted ther are 3 files to d/load and all have pics in there on the 12c509 chips so you will see where it gose but have a realy good read ov them files because it will tell you things you didnot know about then you will kick your self and say why did i not just go to maplins and you can get a pic programmer fron there 2

thing is.. im not the best solderer inthe world..so i bought it ready chipped...
the seller said that it descrambled everything at her end..so i assumed it would here...
ill go into maplins, get a new chip and get a mate of mine who does ps2s to have a bash..

Back