Celtic Football Club Statement

hotguy

Inactive User
Reaction score
IT is with great sadness that Celtic Football Club today announced that Scott Brown's sister Fiona (21) has passed away after a long battle against cancer.

The thoughts and prayers of everyone at Celtic are with Scott and his family at this difficult time. Clearly, Scott and his family will be receiving every support from Celtic Football Club.

This is an extremely difficult time for the entire family and naturally, we would ask that the family's privacy is respected.

There will be no further comment from Scott or his family on this matter and they have asked not to be contacted.

Under the Press Complaints Commission Code of Practice, the need to respect an individual's privacy with regards to intrusion into grief or shock is clearly stated and we trust that this will be observed in relation to Scott and the family.

We thank the press and media in advance for observing this request.

R.I.P. Fiona.

21 years old. Sad, very sad.

Its away too young to be leaving this world....

poor Scotty losing a friend in Tommy Burns and now his sister

R.I.P. Fiona

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

was broony due to play in prague on friday with scotland?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

so sad someone so young R.I.P. Fiona

Scott was left out of George Burley's Scotland squad for the friendly against the Czech Republic tomorrow

My sincerest condolensces to Scott and his family. Devastating though to lose a family member especially at such a young age, hope his family are able to grieve without the media and their privacy is respected.

Back