Celtic 1-0 St Mirren

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
same shitty Ref same shitty outcome

At least he's consistant Last season gives a freekick for nothing Celtic Score

This Season does not give offside allows play to continue Gives Jan Cheatingbassa Of Celticpark a penalty even though he was fowling the defender and not the other way about then ref sends off defender and celtic score.

St Mirren Robbed Again...

Controversy surrounded the opening day of Celtic’s title defence against St Mirren as they scraped to a slender 1-0 win

Once more the Paisley side will question the referee’s decision to award Gordon Strachan’s side a penalty in the 62nd minute that led to the dismissal of defender Will Haining and the game's only goal.

Referee Eddie Smith judged that Haining had pulled down Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and Barry Robson stepped up to convert the spot-kick. Chris Smith made a brave attempt to deny the midfielder, but the ball crept agonisingly over the goal line.

Smith, who had very little to do until that point, awarded Celtic a free-kick in controversial circumstances last season at Love Street which was converted by Shunsuke Nakamura to give what turned out to be a massive three points for The Hoops in their quest to retain the SPL title.

St Mirren were set up to frustrate Celtic on the day and possibly had damage limitation very much in mind as the first-half clearly showed. Their intent was to be almost impossible to break down and the plan clearly was working as Celtic were restricted to few, if any, real chances at all in the first half of the game.

It was nip and tuck for the opening 45 minutes and St Mirren more than matched Celtic in every department and displayed a great deal of confidence in their passing and movement which created some decent chances, but the finishing was less than convincing as Artur Boruc was barely tested.

However, the game burst into life just minutes into the second-half with Billy Mehmet slamming his shot off the Celtic goal and that in turn provoked an angry response from The Hoops with Gary Caldwell’s header going straight into the arms of The Buddies goalkeeper.

Seconds later the penalty was awarded, Haining was sent packing and Celtic were up and running.

The SPL champions could have increased their advantage with Vennegoor putting his header wide and Celtic looked very much in the mood after Robson’s penalty sparked them into life.

MacPherson made several changes in the wake of the penalty as both Tom Brighton and Gary Brady were replaced by Mark McCausland and Tonet respectively, but that had very little effect on the eventual outcome.

St Mirren kept plugging away and very nearly pulled themselves level as Steven O’Donnell’s drive went across the face of the Celtic goal, and a sigh of relief emanated from the massive Parkhead support.

Without question, St Mirren will feel they should have walked away with point at least for their efforts on the opening day of the campaign, however, the manner in which they played will have delighted Gus MacPherson as they still had the audacity to take the game to Celtic despite the one man advantage the home side had over them.

The SPL champions were less than convincing on the day against a well organised St Mirren side which should encourage Gus MacPherson who will believe his side were robbed of a point at the very least.

Last edited:
same shitty Ref same shitty outcome

At least he's consistant Last season gives a freekick for nothing Celtic Score

This Season does not give offside allows play to continue Gives Jan Cheatingbastard Of Celticpark a penalty even though he was fowling the defender and not the other way about then ref sends off defender and celtic score.

St Mirren Robbed Again...

I get the feeling your not happy Rab :proud:

Didn't look much in it to me either buy hey you gotta laugh. When your champions luck seems to be on your side.:banana:

refs want more wages for doing this shit season after season.

fine the feckers a day's wages for every cock-up and this fecker would have to do the next 2 games for nowt..

refs want more wages for doing this shit season after season.

fine the feckers a day's wages for every cock-up and this fecker would have to do the next 2 games for nowt..

Yep id agree with that, the ref was piss poor he cost St.Mirren a point and a player a ban..

Yep id agree with that, the ref was piss poor he cost St.Mirren a point and a player a ban..

To be fair i thought it was a penalty when i first saw it, only when i saw the replays did i realise it was a free kick to St Mirren.

aye it was defo offside a freekick and possibly a yellow card for hessellink aswell

refs are biased chunts always have been always will be

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Dont know why we even bother with a league in Scotland...seriously...30 odd years of watching referees bottle it when it comes to the old firm...same old excuses...it was a genuine mistake etc etc...funny how most of these mistakes happen when you play Celtic and Rangers more often that not...time for a revolution bring in refs from outside Scotland...sorry for the rant guys...just getting a bit sick of it the older I get lol.

:Cheers:

Dont know why we even bother with a league in Scotland...seriously...30 odd years of watching referees bottle it when it comes to the old firm...same old excuses...it was a genuine mistake etc etc...funny how most of these mistakes happen when you play Celtic and Rangers more often that not...time for a revolution bring in refs from outside Scotland...sorry for the rant guys...just getting a bit sick of it the older I get lol.

:Cheers:

Sad but true, maybe it's time for the refs to look at video at times like this, but only for Celtic games as it Never happens with any other teams..

last 6 games celtic played in spl 4 games they been awarded

stmirren might need todays dropped points to avoid relegation, but theyll be plenty more mistakes by refs and im sure st mirren will get some luck there way aswell

why not concentrate on on rangers? out of interest how many games have they won over 90 mins in 2008? how many have celtic won?

How many Pens have rangers had in 2008?

Celtic were the better team today i was at the game might not have played great but they deserved the win more than you can say for rangers yesterday!

why not concentrate on on rangers? out of interest how many games have they won over 90 mins in 2008? how many have celtic won?

How many Pens have rangers had in 2008?

Celtic were the better team today i was at the game might not have played great but they deserved the win more than you can say for rangers yesterday!

In what way did Celtic deserve to win today? They scored 1 goal which shouldn't have been allowed and St Mirren were wrongly penalised with a man being sent off. How exactly did Celtic deserve to win unless being lucky enough to get 2 decision their way counts as deserving?

In what way did Celtic deserve to win today? They scored 1 goal which shouldn't have been allowed and St Mirren were wrongly penalised with a man being sent off. How exactly did Celtic deserve to win unless being lucky enough to get 2 decision their way counts as deserving?

interesting way to guage a game if a pen was given incorrectly they must have had around 70% of the ball i thought brown was very good and while there wasnt many clear cut chances i would say we had the bulk of the game but its all about opinions

anyway Rangers are mince this year so should be a canter

look on the bright side boys the passports can be locked away till next summer im sure every city in europe is releaved at that!

interesting way to guage a game if a pen was given incorrectly they must have had around 70% of the ball i thought brown was very good and while there wasnt many clear cut chances i would say we had the bulk of the game but its all about opinions

look on the bright side boys the passports can be locked away till next summer im sure every city in europe is releaved at that!

It was more your inability to score apart from a wrongfully given penalty i meant. However i cant disagree with your diagnosis of Rangers sadly!

ST MIRREN today lodged an appeal over Will Haining's controversial sending-off in the 1-0 defeat at Parkhead.

Referee Eddie Smith showed the Saints stopper a straight red card, and awarded Celtic what turned out to be a match-winning penalty after Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink tangled with Haining on the hour mark.

It was a decision that turned the game on its head as Barry Robson converted from the penalty spot to net the only goal of the game.

Manager Gus MacPherson studied TV replays last night, and digitalworldz sports can reveal the Paisley club will contact the SFA in a bid to get the decision overturned.

celtic were also denied a stone waller earlier in the half swings and roundabouts!

celtic were also denied a stone waller earlier in the half swings and roundabouts!

stone waller my ar*e ball was heading out off play or was out of play before keeper touched Jan Cheatingbassa Of Celticpark so his half-hearted claims for a penalty were waved away.

Ref actually got that one right. for a change.

stone waller my ar*e ball was heading out off play or was out of play before keeper touched Jan Cheatingbassa Of Celticpark so his half-hearted claims for a penalty were waved away.

Ref actually got that one right. for a change.

so the rule states if the ball is perhaps going out of play dont give the penalty if the keeper brings down the player in the box? interesting

Still no huns in europe though! :) out of curiousity when wee lennon was halved in 2 in the box at ibrox and the penalty wasnt given did you think that was unfair? or did you adopt the "these things even themselves out" act

Say what you like buddy but having been at falkirk saturday and at celtic park sunday I reckon i am in a good position to point out that both rangers and celtic are playing extremely bad football. no passion in either set of players anymore. the whole game is all about money money money, with both boardrooms getting greedier and greedier and not enough money being ploughed back into the teams. on that front i think celtic have done marginally better this season on signings, but only time will tell. Far too early to start the abuse, although i am getting increasingly pi$$3d off with walters defensive negative football. would rather stay at home and weed the garden with a teaspoon than sit through much more of it this season. On a lighter note regarding the last point made about Europe, RFC can now big up their greenness ( oh dear!) as the have significantly reduced their carbon footprint by not jetting off all over europe!!

so the rule states if the ball is perhaps going out of play dont give the penalty if the keeper brings down the player in the box? interesting

Still no huns in europe though! :) out of curiousity when wee lennon was halved in 2 in the box at ibrox and the penalty wasnt given did you think that was unfair? or did you adopt the "these things even themselves out" act

No but it does state if the ball does go out of play then it becomes unplayable and from the highlights that's what happend.

as for the lennon one would need to see it again to be sure.

if thing did even themselves out it should have been St mirren who should have won. after last seasons gift from same ref for celtic, as stated in first post same ref same shit.

as for calling Rangers fans huns, it's ok for a rangers fan to call himself a hun or even a celtic fan doing it if it can be seen as a bit of banter but doing it in a derogatory way is not allowed.

and if you know your history you'll know there are huns all over europe and asia and has been for hunderds maybe thousands of years remember Attila the hun and I don't mean the funny coloured looking guy who was on setanta on saturday.

Back