Ceiling or wall mounted surround

edogav

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Currently building a home Cinema from the ground up and was wondering what everybodys opinion on ceiling vs wall mounted surround speakers are.

Does anybody have direct comparrison experience? seems to me (as a pro audio engineer of 15+ years in bigger spaces than a living room) that the ceiling is the wrong place for them but i see it more and more. Is it a compromise used in limited space.

Go for it :)

Speakers are for listening to not looking at so whatever gives the best sound would be my choice. I can’t get past sonos top notch sound quality on all their range

I have to go with everyone else. I have a dolby atmos soundbar with up firing speakers. Can't beat the real thing! Never go cheap(like i did)

Stay away from a LED projector well crap (square blocks = shit image)

Go for DLP and at least 3000 but 4000 lumens is loads better

Some say they have rainbow affect on DLP but works ok for me ? (don't blink to much lol)

I was lucky about 8 years ago i saw my first real surround system Klipsch 5-1 and added 2 centre speakers all running from my onkyo amp.My local electrical retailer Harvey Norman just opened and going up the escalator loud music was playing filling the whole store.very pleased with those speakers as the centre and rear speakers are mounted 1 foot from the ceiling.

Attachments

• klipsch.jpg
    klipsch.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 4
It’s an aesthetic compromise as a speaker flush with the ceiling is much less obtrusive than a wall mounted box.

Ideally, only Atmos speakers should be in the ceiling.
My sentiments exactly.

When i win the euromillions draw.
I will ANNOY my neighbours.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Flush in ceiling and painted same colour as ceiling. Be sure to use speakers that are timbre matched with your LCR if possible.

Back