CDR Audio Burning problems

ajwoodsie

Inactive User
Reaction score
HELP PLEASE....recently purchased the Asus DRW-1608P2...my problem is this....i can burn DVD's from an image at full speed, buffer right to the top....data cdr and dvd, same again, at full speed, buffer right to the top...my problems start when i try to do audio to cdr. Whether i burn at 4x, 10x, 16x or greater the cd takes at least 20 mins to burn...the buffer goes no higher than 9%. When the burning starts, time remaining will say perhaps 4 mins however when this as counted down to zero the burn process is only at 28%...of the finished cd's a large nunber of them jump.:mad:
I have had this drive as secondary slave/master, primary slave....reinstalled xp.....upgraded the firmware of the drive, the PC processor....the lot

I am using Nero7 Premium.

Forgot to say i have tried 4 different types of media....all of which i have used for a long while with perfect results

Last edited:
AJ, are you copying disc to disc? If so try copy to hdd first and see what happens. If you source CD is on a different bus to the burner then that can give you problems. IE, burner as slave on IDE1 & Source CD on IDE 2. I'd always recommend having the burner as slave with the source drive as the master on the same ide channel.
Try doing a copy from disc, using the burner as the source, copy to hdd, then copy back to burner as copy..
Let us know how that goes..?? PS, use an RW disc to save making any more coasters:)

Have fun

Thanks for the speedy suggestions....not copying disk to disk, mostly im trying to make an audio cd from mp3 stored on my SATA drive...have tried doing it with mp3 files from my master HD (ide) with the same results. Its also the same if i image the audio tracks first and then attempt to burn...its just the audio, DVD vob's and images burn fine.

Cheers

Hi again, ive just loaded an mp3 into nero that i wish to put to disk......why when i listen to the track in nero would it jump ( as reflected on burned disk) and NOT when played through media player ????

The plot thickens.................

are you using first version of nero 7 if so change to latest or go back to nero 6 there is a problem with nero 7 first version burning audio

Hi again......ur right about the Nero.....tried re-installing Nero 7 with the same problems...however after downgrading to Nero 6 everything has sorted itself out.....

Thanks Mr Gunman and RABp

Back