cd and dvd drives

keeko

Inactive User
Reaction score
ahoy hoping someone might be able to help,i turned my pc on and loaded a cd in,which did not load so into my computer i go where i find only my hardrive and floppy disk none of my cd drives are there tried restarting pc a few times still nothing showing on pc

cdrw drive and dvd drive asus
xp pro sp2

go in to device manager and click on cd/dvd to c if there are any drives if there is but there is a yellow triagle with and explanation mark there try reenstalling the drivers by right clicking on them , 2nd go to control panel and select add hardware , if no luck again try getting into your bios to c if there being reconised in there , let me know how u get on
regards Biffo

Keeko

restart go in to the bios (normaly [DEL] or [F2]) and see if the cd drive is seen there if not check that all the leads are secure if no joy you can try swapping the power connectors between drives as there may be a faulty psu output
worth a try hope you sort it

alright cheers for the quick reply checked device manager nothing in there and no hardware detected thats not installed in add hardward checked cables again but the drives are recieveing power the tray will still open and shut as normal just seems to be the pc thats not detecting it

Back