cctv using webcam thread

Exclusive

DW Regular
Reaction score
Hi all

There used to be a thread here about using a high quality web cam as cctv with software with it,

can anyone find it ?

i have a pc here, and its about time i hooked it up to cctv as my dad keeps looking at buying one from makro,

if anybody has a cctv setup at home for there pc, please let me know what type of setup you have

Thanks

Hi all

There used to be a thread here about using a high quality web cam as cctv with software with it,

can anyone find it ?

i have a pc here, and its about time i hooked it up to cctv as my dad keeps looking at buying one from makro,

if anybody has a cctv setup at home for there pc, please let me know what type of setup you have

Thanks
http://www.pysoft.com/ActiveWebCamMainpage.htm

Cam Wizard 6.06

Cam Wizard turns any web cam into a powerful CCTV camera surveillance system with motion detection. it's the ultimate webcam security application for your Windows XP PC. When Cam Wizard is running it constantly monitors your PC webcam looking for any motion in the scene or in a user defined rectangle within the scene. When motion is detected, video capture into a WMV movie file begins.

The WMV video can then be archived to disk and emailed to any email address of your choice. The emailing function does not rely on any third party emailing software or user interaction, Cam Wizard has a robust SMTP mail sending engine embedded right in the application itself, very nice!

Cam Wizard movies contain a millisecond accurate time stamp on every frame as a transparent overlay, thus movies are perfectly suitable for courtroom evidence purposes. Why go to the bother and expense of purchasing a CCTV video surveillance system with motion detection when Cam Wizard can do it all for you! Never before has it been this easy to setup a high tech home security system that's capable of sending emails containing video of intruders instantly.

With Cam Wizard it's possible to set up a multiple camera video surveillance system in a matter of seconds, and there's no need for dodgy long play analogue tape systems, Cam Wizard spools the WMV movie straight to your hard drive or network drive. One hours worth of footage takes only ~12MB, so a 100gig hard drive has enough room for over a year of footage!

With it's audio alarm function Cam Wizard can alert you of detected motion with a siren like a car alarm or it can play any audio file (.mp3 or .wav), great for a trade counter monitor to alert staff of customers.

Cam Wizard is also a flexible cam broadcasting tool: It features a robust FTP upload engine, so it can be used to push live cam JPEGs onto a web server using standard FTP protocol. Plus a built in web server means Cam Wizard can serve live JPEG video feed to any browser.

http://www.ledset.com/camwiz/usergui...screenshot.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

EasyCCTV 2.1

EasyCCTV captures images up to 30 frames per second from any USB video device. The program performs simultaneous recording. Your camera(s) can be used as part of a surveillance system. When the program detects motion in the monitored area, it sounds an alarm, e-mails you captured images, or records video. The application is password protected and may be used as home alarm.

wheres the thanks button when you need it :)

any ideas what camera to use, want a good one, up to £50ish

This is the file that I was thinking of.

Capturix.VideoSpy.2007.Enterprise.Edition.v4.10.2096-TE.rar

I'd downloaded it afterall but haven't got round to using it so don't know how good it is.
I've re-uploaded it to mediafire here for you m8

http://www.mediafire.com/?lddhdahiyd9

As for webcams, if you are using vista, double check that it will work with your os as mine wouldn't.

Curly

wheres the thanks button when you need it :)

any ideas what camera to use, want a good one, up to £50ish
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Webcam-QuickCam-Pro-9000/dp/B000U1IX76/ref=pd_sbs_ce_4[/ame]

Technical Details

Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 webcam Features Carl Zeiss optics, premium autofocus, HD video, higher megapixel performance, integrated microphone, ultra wide field of view with intelligent face tracking & RightLight technology.

Thanks All

just waiting to get some cash and ill order the camera, however i wont be able to put it outside will i ? because its not waterproof or will i be ok

Thanks All

just waiting to get some cash and ill order the camera, however i wont be able to put it outside will i ? because its not waterproof or will i be ok
put it in a camera enclosier

Hi all

can anyone find it ?

Thanks

If you need any help streaming your video to your mobile I can help, but you'll need to setup a server as a second machine and have a static IP address.

Back